Sign in to follow this  
WarlordATF

Music in the Cockpit...

Yep, it's true. That ElliBoom guy described the way we do it in the -135. Whats nice also, is that we can push it outside of the jet on a freq and the receivers can listen in also. On a long fighter drag, we'll put the music out on a secondary radio for them to fly to and keep the boredom to a minimum. You should have seen the A-10's "dancing" to Rockstar from Nickelback. It was really cool.

Storm

You'll still rarely (if ever) see a fast mover jamming out to their knee strapped walkman though...lol.

TG the F-4 MiGs in Iron Eagle 2 shot down Doug Masters. :clapping:

In the M1 tank, we spliced a headphones jack into the "line in" slots of the intercom system and would rock out in the field. This is pretty much common practice on all tanks. Radio traffic is still easily heard, and you can still here the crew talking over the intercom, and when you go to transmit, the "line in" cuts out.

Iron Eagle was a horrible film as far as realism goes, but at that time we didn't have alot of choice. The entire IE series was pretty bad, but they are pretty cool if you take the actors out....

Iron Eagle was a horrible film as far as realism goes, but at that time we didn't have alot of choice. The entire IE series was pretty bad, but they are pretty cool if you take the actors out....

Come on that film is completely realistic. All control towers explode in to huge fireballs when hit with 15-20 rounds of cannon fire.

that could end up being pretty funny, especially if you had fighters rolling about in tune to the music.

now what i want to see is Motzart played by bombs guns missiles and arty

Come on that film is completely realistic. All control towers explode in to huge fireballs when hit with 15-20 rounds of cannon fire.

Don't forget the Hades bomb that blows up vehicles if they drive through the flames! :rofl:

In all honestly, i do like the movie, i just wish it had been done better. Why can't Hollywood make a decent avation film without adding in a ton of BS?

Don't forget the Hades bomb that blows up vehicles if they drive through the flames! :rofl:

Well that might have been a bit overdone, but we all know a bunch of Air Force brats could easily get all of the intel needed, manipulate flying schedules, gain access to the flight line with out line badges (during the Cold War) and help plan an intricate military operation. This is completely true. How do you think I took my date to the 1995 Minot High School Prom in a B-52H?

Well that might have been a bit overdone, but we all know a bunch of Air Force brats could easily get all of the intel needed, manipulate flying schedules, gain access to the flight line with out line badges (during the Cold War) and help plan an intricate military operation. This is completely true. How do you think I took my date to the 1995 Minot High School Prom in a B-52H?

LOL! Yeah we know how sloppy the military was during the Reagan years. :rofl:

As for Music in the plane goes, thats pretty cool that you can do that, i figured it would be against regulations.

I wanna see some Vipers doing bomb/strafing runs to some Suicidal Tendencies.

For Music in the sim i just run media player in the background and use the play/pause/stop/ect buttons on the keyboard.

Freebird solo on SEAD in a thud. THAT was fun.

Also, bombing missions and My Sharona mix well. Come to think of it, any rock song while flying can fit if you try. Maybe I'll try hitting "play" on Dark Side of the Moon just as I take off and I'll see what happens...

I know some guys have their flight maintainers make up an adaptor so they can plug an ipod/walkman/whatever into one of the comms jacks, but last year we found you can just stuff one of those earbud style headphones in you ear and put the helmet on over it. There's the definite advantage you don't have to listen to anyone else's appalling taste in music.

Edited by SkippyBing