Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Ok, anyone know what causes this?

Whilst fiddling with the EAW Euro, this is the problem I described in the "ANW 4 Seasons" thread....

eaw_euro1.jpg

Does this on all seasons of this terrain. I've adjusted the Height line for the coastal/river tiles from the stock "2" to "20", even repainted the HM fully white. The only thing that helps is commenting out the WaterEffects line in the data ini.

Very odd stuff, I must say.

I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't a TFD or HFD problem???

but, on a lighter note, I WAS able to import Brain32/CA_Stary's trees from GermanyCE....

eaw_euro2.jpg

the hard part is figuring out which germany tiles have what or ARE what (mountian, slopes, etc.) I got it kinda close

So, any idears as the flooding?? And don't say Global Warming or the dykes are leaking!!! I should also mention that NEW tga's were created for the coastal, river tiles. Ain't nothing to create an alpha channel, and repaint it. Just like working with nose art, or any other decal.

WRench

kevin stein

What does the alpha layer look like for those transition tiles? It needs to be all black for the land part.

post-2166-1225502949_thumb.jpg

post-2166-1225502992_thumb.jpg

that tile looks familiar :wink:

Yes, solid black for the land, solid white for the water (sea, rivers, etc). I think it something internal to the terrain TFD or HFDs, or maybe even the TOD (but I can't see how). Don't TOD only control the little buildings and trees?

What about hm bmps? As far as I've seen (looking at all the stock terrains), nothing that not 'coastline'; ie, anything with a water border, has a hm.bmp.

Very strange. And it looks even worse in-game than these screenies show.

Wrench

kevin stein

that tile looks familiar :wink:

Yes, solid black for the land, solid white for the water (sea, rivers, etc). I think it something internal to the terrain TFD or HFDs, or maybe even the TOD (but I can't see how). Don't TOD only control the little buildings and trees?

What about hm bmps? As far as I've seen (looking at all the stock terrains), nothing that not 'coastline'; ie, anything with a water border, has a hm.bmp.

Very strange. And it looks even worse in-game than these screenies show.

Wrench

kevin stein

Yeah, the .tod's are just for the trees and buildings.

The only time I've seen anything similar is when there was no black part of the alpha layer, for the land part of the transition tile. It caused the water effect to appear on the land as well.

I think the stock terrains use them on just the water transition tiles so you don't get the water flowing up hill, but they could be used on any tile.

I don't know if it's changed with the current build, but at some point the AI didn't see elevation features from the _hm.bmp's. So if you had a large mountain due to a _hm.bmp, they would fly through them if low enough.

If you don't get anywhere, send me one of the tiles and I'll give it a try.

Edited by JSF_Aggie