Sign in to follow this  
Mig_eater

Vulcan Altitude Problem

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with the Vulcan - post patch where when I climb through 1999ft it misses out all the 2000s and skips straight to 3000. - This is on the HUD, not the dial. The HUD also shows a different reading to the dial. I have tried using the HUD speedometer (is that the aeronautical term?) along with the in cockpit altimeter to give me a correct reading as the in cockpit speed dial only goes to 250knots - but my bombs always fall short. Anyone else experienced this?

Would love to go back to level bombing in my favourite aircraft!

Help!

Thanks

- Alex

The HUD in my Vulcan is kind of "painted on" and doesn't move. If you look in the inset picture you will see this. It shows 1000ft then above it 3000ft. I'm assuming yours is the same ?

gallery_28053_226_549439.jpg

I certainly don't use it !

The normal bottom left in game HUD (not visible) works just fine post patch. I have no problems bombing in the Vulcan.

Maybe you should not level bomb. Try a shallow dive or lob the bombs. That's what I do. Still miss sometimes.

Thanks Syrinx, but I did mean the in game HUD... its a weird error. Probably sounds foolish but i'm a stickler for historical accuracy and I wouldn't want to dive bomb in a Vulcan!

Thanks anyway... hopefully I will find a fix! Is anyone working on a new cockpit for the vulcan - because that would suit me just fine to be honest - its just the current cockpit speed dial doesn't go over 250knots.

- Alex

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with the Vulcan - post patch where when I climb through 1999ft it misses out all the 2000s and skips straight to 3000. - This is on the HUD, not the dial. The HUD also shows a different reading to the dial. I have tried using the HUD speedometer (is that the aeronautical term?) along with the in cockpit altimeter to give me a correct reading as the in cockpit speed dial only goes to 250knots - but my bombs always fall short. Anyone else experienced this?

Would love to go back to level bombing in my favourite aircraft!

Help!

Thanks

- Alex

Has it always done this? From what you've said I have to wonder if it's just the game's altitude display switching from a radar altitude indication to a pressure altitude indication. This happens between 2000 and 3000 feet. Radar altimeters usually max out at 2500ft.

It definitely didn't do that before the patch - because I used to drop bombs on target!

To be honest the main thing i'm after is a functioning speed dial and altimeter in the cockpit itself - along with the bomb aimer. Is there perhaps a similar cockpit that could do the job??

- Alex