Sign in to follow this  
joes_shop

'Instant Action' after Nov 08 Patch

So there I was in Instant Action (post patch) and the 2 Spads in front of me take on 2 DVII's; they split off to my right and I 'spot' a third DVII heading away from the front and dive to intercept. This DVII is heading East at approx 60 mph and I creep up (behind and below) expecting him to 'break' after my first shot.

I shoot a 1 second burst and observe damage, throttle back and wait - but - he keeps on the same course with no evasive action.

Four Hundred rounds later (literally) he's still flying along with no evasive action taken - I was literally at 'zero' range behind him - and he kept flying!

I played various missions and this only happened during Instant Action.

Weapons and Ammo set on Hard.

Game was patched (Nov 08) as usual over a clean install. No mods were made to any aircraft.

When I changed the Weapons to 'Normal' (with Ammo still set on Hard) things seemed to go back to 'normal'....

Regards,

J. P. Kelly

Yes, I noticed it too. It is limited to IA, as far as I can tell. I went back to the October patch even with the CTD problem, but then I fly IA during every session.

J18Dread,

Thanks for the response; I too fly IA each session just to 'warm up' before flying a Campaign Mission.

I thought I was attacking an IL-2 instead of a DVII!

Regards,

J. P. Kelly