Sign in to follow this  
geoff

Water shimmering with GermanyCE Terrain Tiles by Brain32

One more question...is your Envirosystem.ini stock?

FC

I'm pretty sure that I've tested with the stock enviro.ini because I suspected at one point that widesky might be having an effect and so reverted to the stock Flight folder, however I suppose I'd better double check.

Geoff

:clapping: Great news for those of you who, like myself, had given up hope of fixing the water shimmering issue. I've finally cracked it!

What I did was a clean install of WOI, I then extracted and checked the Israel Data.ini and noted the following parameters:

[HeightOffset]

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=1.0

With the default setting I was getting a bit of shimmering but not too distracting, then I applied the latest patch, the result: horrible shimmering.

I checked the new Israel Data.ini after the patch and found that the parameters had been lowered to those recommended in the Combat Ace KB, i.e.

[HeightOffset]

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=0.8

So I decided to go against received wisdom and increase the parameter, finally arriving at the following:

[HeightOffset]

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=1.8

This has eliminated all shimmering, the water looks great and I haven't seen any adverse side effects.

I hope this fix works for you if you been suffering the horrible water shimmer affliction, good luck, Geoff

Edited by geoff

Awesome job!Congrats!

Brady

Awesome job!Congrats!

Brady

Did it work for you as well? :good:

Did it work for you as well? :good:

Yes it sure did!But,I did mine on my WOE using the same formula you created.Thanks!

Brady

Yes I forgot to say it works in WOE as well. Could this fix be added to the Knowledge Base post about shimmering water issues before it dissapears into the depths of the General Discussion topics. It took me hours to discover this and I don't always have a lot of luck with the search funcution on these forums. Seems to me it might be handy to have this information somewhere accessible as, from what I've read, it's a problem that quite a few people are having.

Geoff

Edited by geoff