Sign in to follow this  
orsin

Bring my SHADOW effects back

First of all, please note i'm not talking about the shader effect on ground or water. I'm talking about the shader effect on aircraft, which casts shadow of missiles to the body, or vice versa.

I have recently blew up my very descent PC, which has no Shader capability (ie. dx6 or earlier) and got a state of art one. When I migrate my WOI from the old harddrive and try it on the new PC, I have noticed that it does not show any shader effects at all, not even on the aircraft. I tried changing the graphics option and nothing happened.

Anyone has an idea how to bring the effect back? I believe there is a config file somewhere in the directory that controls it but I couldn't figure it out.

Edited by Wrench
edited to correct the name

BTW, I'm running vista home premium and DX10 video card. I tried an original installation of WOE with OCT 2008B patch and I found the shadow is there. So I'm sure it is not an video card driver issue.

Look for "shadow" instead of "shader" in the options...

Hi, it does not work. I have tried the shadow as even "unlimited" and no difference compare to "low"