Sign in to follow this  
Indy_BIA

A Few Aircraft Pictures

Here's the B1. Note the size of people in the picture :)

566216_1480540314486531158_vl.jpg

Is that in Dayton Ohio? I visit that museum in 1998, but I see that is changed now with other planes. Nice pictures.

Salute

Dutchy

Yep, it's in Dayton. They have lots of new stuff now. The B1 has been moved to another museum and it passed through my state on a truck. Kinda sad to see it all apart like that. Would rather have seen it fly :D

They opened up the cold war hangar now. The even have a couple MiG-29's. One is in the hangar and the other is in front of a gate.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/

From witch country are the MiG 29's? I can't find it on the site.

And have you a picture of it?

Salute

Dutchy

Indy,

You should have joined us for the airshow there this year. Great Event. I got a hotel for everyone and we had a blast at the airshow and the museum.

Got alot of great pics!!

You Missed it Dutchy!

<C>

Fates

Do you guys go there every year? I'll try to be there next time. I live in Indianapolis so it's only like an hour and a half drive. I almost live there :D

And your only about minutes from ME...

I live in Avon

----------------------

And this year was special with it being the 100th aniversary of flight. Although there are plans to attend the airshow on a more frequent basis. The whole thing started out pretty much with the 87th FIS Virtual Squad holding it's reunion there. A bunch of allies, in the virtual squad community, decided to meet at the airshow. Member of the 87th, ODB, and GFA met as well as other enthusiast like BUFF, came all the way from the UK to join us. It was a great time.

I'm not sure if I'll go EVERY year, but I do plan on trying to meet up with folks now and then. I'll always goto the Mt Comfort show as well as the Grissom show when I can. And everyones always welcome.

Cheers!

Fates

Cool, How does that ally system work? I'm somewhat new to flight sims and trying to get a squadron together. Haven't had much luck in getting people and I'd like to play Lock On with people when it comes out.

The ally thing is pretty simple...we were all good friends (through flying online) before the ODB guys got organized. ;) It's all about fun!

Great pics from the Museum! I see my F-4G is on the ramp now. It was in the new hangar back in July. Next August a dedication for a Wild Weasel exhibit will happen with many members of the Society of Wild Weasel's in attendance. I'll more than likely go to that...as well as another reunion if it gets planned. I'm in Ft Wayne so I'm only about 2 hours away from Dayton. :)