Sign in to follow this  
SidDogg

New Terrain Values...

SidDogg with another question :biggrin:

...When you create a new terrain in TerrainEditor, the dialog box says "texturetile resolution" and "height field resloution".

...I mean to ask, what are the default values for a 1500x1500 map imported from a .bmp? :dntknw:

Regardless of terrain size defaults are always 2000m for texture tile resolution and 500m for heightfield resolution...

alright, so how can i get an imported .bmp to show in TerrainEditor???

Hi,

If you created the *.bmp, just place that file in the terrain folder and use the import Height bitmap. That should give you the new map you are looking for.

The TE uses a specific indexed color pallette... Look for TE.pal and convert your BMP...

OH yes, you can also use a tile resolution of 1000m and 250M for height field... as long as it is 4:1 ratio, it *should* work, as I recall... Game, or rather, the gaming machine, might be able to handle the resulting VERY huge HFD though...

Edited by Major Lee

... so where can i find this TE.pal???

It should be in the TE folder, or you can extract the PAL from within any decent graphics program... Just extract a BMP from the TE. Use the export hdf to bmp function. You can extract the proper PAL from that BMP... Also, F1 look under color properties, 256 indexed colors or some such for more information about color pallettes...

The older version of TE (03.04.03) has "terrain palette.act" file in it, IIRC it's the Photoshop format