Sign in to follow this  
raptorman

hex editor, sfp1e and ini change for bitmaps

Hi again:

Still struggling to get the sim up to the par it was on my XP...few Qs if I may:

1) There is supposed to be a free hex editor for DL on CombatAce? If so, where is it? I could not find it on the DL section.

2) Anbody having issues with the cat extractor on Vista? It does not seem to work for me -- I cannot get it to open files w/o error messages (can post the message if need be)

3) My 2048x2048 bitmaps for some of my aircraft are showing up real crappily (low, low res) in comparison to a previous install on my XP machine. I sem to recall you there was a INI edit for this? My rig should be able to handle the bitmaps sizes...My card is set up for 16x FSAA...

Any thoughts lads?

Rapperman

not shure about this site but a google searce for "Free hex editor" will turn up a lot of nice ones.

Are you using the newest patches?you skin issue may be due to the fact that the newest patch added a highter setting above "high" so the High" setting looks worse than it did pre oct patch.Not sure if thats your issue but it had me worried when I first applied the patch.

no hex editor here @ combatace.

check your graphic settings in the game.

had the same prob after the last patches.

for a hex editor, do a websearch for frhed or xvi32 .. those are two good free editors