Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

Islamic call to prayer

I found this and it`s very ipressive, sounds epic and for me, I have a great respect for old religions... they are a part of human history and we are part of the religion

I just want to know what`S this about, I can`t understand it, but I`m interested in the text. Is someone here who can translate it?!

thanx and best regards

Martin

There is a transcript and translation in video info. Click (more info) there.

"God is the Greatest, God is the Greatest, God is the Greatest.

I do affirm there is no other God than God,

I do affirm there is no other God than God.

I do affirm Mu'hammad is God's Prophet

I do affirm Muhammad is God's Prophet

Come to pray (?) to peace (?) -I'vn't been able to understand it despite my year in a muslim country

Then some other thing like "prayer is better than sleeping". (that's what I've been told there as it exceed my very small arabic language capabilities. But I do know that some part of the call for prayer do change during the day.)

Then, he says again "God is the Most Great and the Shaada (No other God and Mohammad as the Prophet)."

Although I'm no muslim, I concurr with you: talentuous muezzins can just make that call a wonder. The most epic I heard where some times when, for the evening prayer, all the muezzin of my neighbourhood were chanting together, responding to one-another etc... An other impressive moment was during some night of the Ramadan month, when they chanted some unusual stuffs.

I do think that solemnity is a key part of religion. As a catholic, I think the loss of Latin is a great shame and a great error. Masses are not looking serious. Just a bunch loosy scouts song with smiles and guitars. I've had once a latin-mass done by monks... That was awesome! (here is some exemple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGdtll3KAqw...eature=related)

Looking toward modernity by letting down huge part of the tradition, the way the Church did and does is a way to failure.

Thank you very much, I`m not realy religious, but I believe in something. Sometimes this help people to understand each other... their culture and religion.

have a nice evening guys