Sign in to follow this  
VONTOBLER

Can the new tree and Winter addons in WOE work in FE?

I was just curious if the new terrain addons for WOE would work in First Eagles. If so is there any special setup to make them work.

Hope this not a stupid question--Merry Christmas to all as well!

VonTobler

I was just curious if the new terrain addons for WOE would work in First Eagles. If so is there any special setup to make them work.

VonTobler

No, it's not a stupid question. But the answer is simple -it won't.

Um...actually, there's a good possibility they will.

After all, the seasonal code originated in FE, which is where I 'borrowed' the idea from for the ANW 4 season rebuild.

Post patch FE and SF/WoV/WoE (ie: post 9/08 & 10/08 ) have some FE coding in them.

There's another thread in here, by me, with some screenies of an imported terrain -- you'll have to do a search to find it. Should be from Sept/Oct time frame.

All you need to do is move the original GermanyCE terrain folder over INTO you FE's /Terrain folder. The reason for this is, the SF/Wo* series NEED one of the Original 3 Terrains ™ for the cat pointer line.

I've tested several of the add-on terrains, mind you WITHOUT seasonal sub-folders, and with one of the Original 3 ™ present, they work fine (i think it was Edward's WW2 North Africa terrain). Be advised, however, you'll be missing a LOT of the ground objects, FE-wise, so you'll be stuck with a more 'modern' looking terrain (airfields will be the paved ones, all the buildings, etc, etc, sam sites, etc....and so forth)

What that means, is you'd need to extract the 'era specific' building and such from FEs' stock terrain cats (LODS, tga, bmps, destroyed LODs, etc), copy/paste them into the terrain you want to add, copy/paste their entries from the FE terrains *** _types.ini into the newly imported one's **_types ini, and rebuild the **_targets.ini of the terrain you moved over. Probably, a complete rebuild of said _targets.ini.

A lot of work? Yes, indeed. Identifying and extracting the FE terrains objects should keep a body busy for a day or so...

Is it worth it? That's all up to what YOU want to see in-game.

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks guys! I truly appreciate all your help and advise. Again Merry Christmas and may you all be truly blessed this season.

VonTobler

VonTobler

Hi!

I think, must he gone new *.TOD files.

I show winter landscape that the tested in FE for my new "Sudetenland 1938" total FE conversion mods. Trees tested on wwiVerdun terain. :rolleyes:

On tiles 500 x 500 m it's situated 400-500 alpha objects (only for good graphic card :blink: ).

post-36703-1230299733_thumb.jpg

Hi Jan :biggrin:

Edited by Jan Tuma

Hi!

I think, must he gone new *.TOD files.

I show winter landscape that the tested in FE for my new "Sudetenland 1938" total FE conversion mods. Trees tested on wwiVerdun terain. :rolleyes:

On tiles 500 x 500 m it's situated 400-500 alpha objects (only for good graphic card :blink: ).

Looks good Jan! :ok::clapping:

You can safely go up to 600 - 700 objects per tile, as I did for Green Hell 2, the limit is 999 objects per tile, no matter alpha or solid.

FE tiles are 500x500, right? WoX are 2x2 kilometers usually.