Sign in to follow this  
Weasel Keeper

New Navy Recruiting Slogan

Well the Navy doesnt care what degree you have (it can be basket weaving for all they care) just as long as you have one. They will pay for it, but your going to give 6 years (minimum) of your life to the Navy when your done.

I managed to get my AA while in the Navy (Navy paid 75% of the tuition and expenses) and finished my BA after leaving the Navy with my GI Bill. The Navy more than lived up to thier end of the bargain and I wouldn't have a degree right now if not for the Navy GI Bill.

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm here, gonna bust my ass getting an electrical engineering degree, maybe even minor in comp sci while I'm at it, and I'll be lucky to pull a 3.2. But then, poli-sci and history majors can get an easy 4.0 and only take like 16 hours a semester to my 19 - 21. I don't mean to sound jealous, just I wish the Navy weighted choice of major more when determining your branching. I need that 3.2 to get a pilot slot.

But, I'm grateful to the Navy. They're paying over $25,000 a year on my education. I definately couldn't afford to attend the Citadel without it.

On a different note, anyone remember the old SNL skit about the Navy? It was like the old 70's and 80's commercials, except it just showed folks mopping and cleaning heads.

The punchline was the commercial ending with the words, "The U.S. Navy. Its not just a job, its $96.75 a week."

And then the classic Simpsons line, "While your friends are out for months at a time, risking their lives, you're 200 miles from the ocean, hosing off a statue in Lubbock. Where are you? The Naval Reserve."

Edited by SDirickson

I saw that old SNL parody when it first came out in 1979, the POOW in V4 had it going when my partner and I came into the office to sign the fuels roving watch log. It was funnier now than it was then only because we were doing all that they had shown. I would kill to get a copy of that now. ;)

Hey Firehawkordy, we Airmen don't work one system! I have you know I've worked 2 Airframes so far, LOL :D

If you break it down by munitions, then 20 or more is about right, god I miss loading 30mm on the A-10! B)

Ok, I'll give the Airforce a break as I was at Fairchild AFB for an excercise one year. You guys are better fed, in twenty years in the Navy both on active and reserve duty I saw steak exactly FIVE times. Three of those times was at Fairchild.With shrimp too. And you guys have better working hours. The AFRES SAR unit from Portland worked 12 and 12, HCS-5 the sqaudron I was in worked flight quarters. That is get there at about six in the morning, and leave two hours after the birds come home,somtimes after midnight.

I got you beat though, I'm qualed on five airframes and two of those dont fly any more. And no, I'd do it all over again,just wish they served more steak.