Sign in to follow this  
Wraith27

Ship missile launchers

Hello!

Some ships have more then one launcher but only one works -this is a limitation of the game. Is it change after newest patch'es or in SF2 ???

Hello!

Some ships have more then one launcher but only one works -this is a limitation of the game. Is it change after newest patch'es or in SF2 ???

I don't have SF2, but SF1 related games do not allow more than one working missile system on ships. Multiple guns, but not multiple missiles, which for a County Class destroyer is a shame as some carried 3 systems (Seaslug, Seacat and Exocet). Quite the fireworks if all could work.

Geeze Hinch...

Many of my Dark Blue friends would simply say Seaslug and Seacat "were a shame"... (Sorry, couldn't resist!) It would be nice to play the Falklands campaign and have the counties blasting away with Seaslug... (Woosh.... BANG!... Hey look, it hit something!!!)

sb

Geeze Hinch...

Many of my Dark Blue friends would simply say Seaslug and Seacat "were a shame"... (Sorry, couldn't resist!) It would be nice to play the Falklands campaign and have the counties blasting away with Seaslug... (Woosh.... BANG!... Hey look, it hit something!!!)

sb

sb,

I don't know how things are set up in the Falklands campaign, but when I setup the County class, I chose to build a Seaslug and made that the working launcher............... just because the thing is so cumbersome.......... and is called Seaslug. If I remember correctly, the missile was used at least once, during the Falklands, for Army support............ to take out an Argentine emplacement.

sb,

I don't know how things are set up in the Falklands campaign, but when I setup the County class, I chose to build a Seaslug and made that the working launcher............... just because the thing is so cumbersome.......... and is called Seaslug. If I remember correctly, the missile was used at least once, during the Falklands, for Army support............ to take out an Argentine emplacement.

one of my RN associates told me some years ago that it was called the Seaslug because that is what it regularly slugged - the sea..........

:biggrin:

Hinch,

Yup - Seaslug's one and only "real" firing was in the closing days of the Falklands conflict... but I can't recall if it actually hit anything, but I'm told that it made one heck of an impressive light show in flight... I can't say for certain if your Seaslug is used in the Falklands campaign (SFP Version)... I've flown all the way through that add-on a number of times, but I can't say I ever noticed the ships shooting at anything, I've been too busy trying to catch raiders attacking the fleet!

SB

Hinch,

Yup - Seaslug's one and only "real" firing was in the closing days of the Falklands conflict... but I can't recall if it actually hit anything, but I'm told that it made one heck of an impressive light show in flight... I can't say for certain if your Seaslug is used in the Falklands campaign (SFP Version)... I've flown all the way through that add-on a number of times, but I can't say I ever noticed the ships shooting at anything, I've been too busy trying to catch raiders attacking the fleet!

SB

Interesting. Well, during testing, virtual Seaslug did down an aircraft or two, so the premise works. The problem with Seaslug was by 1982 it was completely obsolete, but in its 'hey day' it wasn't too shabby. Also, I believe Seacat performed reasonably well through the crisis. No Seawolf I'll grant you, but something to lob at the enemy.

I've read numerous things, but I've never read as to why they named a missile ***slug. Almost begs for disaster.