Sign in to follow this  
Nixou

Realistic gun sounds for FE

Realistic gun sounds for FE

---REALISTIC GUN SOUNDS for FIRST EAGLES.---

Recordings of real maxim guns cleaned and reworked on sound forge 9. Readme for more info.

(This file contains gun sounds for Vickers, Spandau and Lewis)

Fed up with weird gun sounds that does not "look" real? :haha:

Fear to change em cause you don't know how it sounds in reality?

Here is the solution.

JUST REPLACE BASIC SOUND FILES WITH THOSE PRESENT IN THE FILE.

Updated new sounds for the lewis, vickers and Spandau. New record method with large gun loops for more accurate results.

Mod presentation on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8eFRHwq7cM

Feel free to comment or request.

Salute! Nixarass

I installed your new gun sounds in my Nov08 mod of FE_EP1. They are absolutely fantastic! Crisp and Distinct MG Bark...Great Job! But I do think compared to the level of the game engine sounds, they are a skosh to loud for my taste. I edited the volume of each gun file down -5 db in my wave editor. Now your new gun sounds blend into the engine sound without overwhelming it. I am completely satisfied with the mix now.:good:

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

A definite thumbs up on this update. This brings the immersion to a new level. The sounds are spot on and well done.

Thanks!

Yep,me too,I agree to what has been said,this really does make the sim a lot more realistic,the guns now sound like WW1 guns!!!...great work Nixarass,thank you.

Hey everybody! Much thanks for all said. Im very glad that it has at least satisfied some people.

Sorry for not answering quickly, but this file did not receive comments at all during 2 months, so i did not check it very often.

But don't worry i still regularly look at it in case of.

Yes, my aim was really to make the game more immersive, so i'm really happy you perceived it that way, i couldn't be more satisfied. Thanks for all of you guys.

OLpaint01: Yea i have highered the sounds because stock ones were "unaudible" unless you put the general sound very high, in which case motor sound would break my hears. On the last update i have put em to a lower volume and frequency, i thought it would be good.

Also gun sounds in reality, are very high decibels compared to anything else, that's why i have highered them a little.

But this, is really subjective, it's up to anyone. That's why i lowered em, my personnal one are higher.

If you want me to make a new bunch of sounds with lowered decibels to something comparable with stock (even though you won't hear em unless general sound is high) or just want a slightly lower volume bunch, just say me ;) ill do it anytime.

Regards.

Edited by nixarass