Sign in to follow this  
genehaynes

CTD

I just purchased First Eagles Gold yesterday (Nov 2008 patch).

Has anyone experienced the following:After hitting the ESC key during a mission the screen goes blank. The only thing you can see is the mouse cursor, which disappears when you move it around. CRTL-ALT-DELETE doesn't work. I have to power my computer off via the computer's on/off button.

This has happened in Instant Action, Campaign, and "Create Mission". I did download & install some mods (mostly skins). After posting this problem on the Third Wire forum last night (No response yet) I decided to re-install the game WITHOUT any mods. So far I've played about 8 missions without any problem. Could I have installed the mods incorrectly??

Hmmm...very hard to say what the problem was. Most CTDs or "hang ups" are either Vista or Direct X (having the latest version of DX 9c installed) related but you usually get an error message with DX problems. When you add mods do so one at a time and make sure the game runs OK after each mod. That may lead to the culprit.

Tailspin,

Thanks for the suggestion. After re-installing, the only Mod I installed was the tracer/smoke effects. So far, there have been no CTDs (Hope I didn't jinx myself!).

Also, a big WELCOME to CombatACE! Glad to have you aboard. :good: