Sign in to follow this  
orsin

su27 and mig29 modified FM

Can anyone help post these files to the file announcement section? Credits to Marcfighter and Lindr2 for their excellent work on the original FMs.

1. SU-27SK/China J11 FM modified based on Marcfighter's original model

It has been a quite disappointment to see little discussion about the performance issue of Marcfighter's SU27SK after 2008 patch of WOX series. I doubt if there is still anyone other than me playing su27 nowadays.

The issue is quite apparent - under hard mode, su-27 has too much maneuvability that makes AI players run this bird into endless cobra-like movements in aircombat, which is an obviously unsustainable way leading to eventual disadvantage in dogfights due to low energy. The FM is also not stable in yaw leading to uncontrollable rolls at high AoA. When we "human" controlling this bird, it is also likely to have a blackout every 2 seconds.

So there is where I start tinkering - beat the trend to run into high AoA, while also maintain an overall agility. You find a much less effective stabilizer, it has smaller angle, and faster rotating speed. The aileron is also modifed to synchronize the motion of rotating. The test drive shows quite a good result - slightly better than the stock F15A, while enable AI play to maintain its energy. I play a few 12 x Su27 vs 16 F15+8 F4 case under hard/hard setting and had the chance to win out in all the case.

Edited by orsin

zip both, than go to this section:http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showcat=304

than click in add file buttom.

And DON'T forget to include a readme, telling folks what to do and HOW to do it...

Wrench

kevn stein

And DON'T forget to include a readme, telling folks what to do and HOW to do it...

Wrench

kevn stein

loaded to download section, waiting for admission to release.

Can anyone help post these files to the file announcement section? Credits to Marcfighter and Lindr2 for their excellent work on the original FMs.

1. SU-27SK/China J11 FM modified based on Marcfighter's original model

It has been a quite disappointment to see little discussion about the performance issue of Marcfighter's SU27SK after 2008 patch of WOX series. I doubt if there is still anyone other than me playing su27 nowadays.

The issue is quite apparent - under hard mode, su-27 has too much maneuvability that makes AI players run this bird into endless cobra-like movements in aircombat, which is an obviously unsustainable way leading to eventual disadvantage in dogfights due to low energy. The FM is also not stable in yaw leading to uncontrollable rolls at high AoA. When we "human" controlling this bird, we have to fight against foes and blackouts.

So there is where I start tinkering - beat the trend to run into high AoA, while also maintain an overall agility. You find a much less effective stabilizer, it has smaller angle, and faster rotating speed. The aileron is also modifed to synchronize the motion of rotating. The test drive shows quite a good result - slightly better than the stock F15A, while enable AI play to maintain its energy. I play a few 12 x Su27 vs 16 F15+8 F4 cases under hard/hard setting and had the chance to win out in all of them.

2. Mig 29G FM based on Lindr2's recent release of Mig 29 BM FM.

First I would like to thank Lindr2 for presenting us his serious Mig 29 BM FM, which is based on real data from russian/soviet references. As such I don;t have to modify most parts of this FM. The change focused on beating the trend to rotate back at x-horizon (roll) at low speed (IAS < 350kmh). A minor change also fix the wrong rotating direction at Aileron/stabilizer.

The overall outcome is pleasing. The modified FM gives you a 50/50 chance to beat the stock F16 in WOI, hard mode. AI also run it well and can fight F18 at close to 1:1 shotdown ratio.

Orsin,

Ive been tinkering with both the 'stock' Mig29a and your adjusted FM in single missions. I find flying the newer Mig29 FM over old it has a faster roll rate than before, and does not have the speed bleed in turns that most other jets have. I noticed i was able to climb while turning with a F16a no problems with i believe about 400 or more knots airspeed till the viper splatted into the ground. Already had hit another viper. This is WOE with Oct 08 patch. Flying the F15 in 2v2 engagement, once i got past BVR and into close ACM with both Migs, i noticed alot of almost flat turning and cobra like manouvers after we went round and round a few times. AI skill at excellent says the QMB. This is after my excellent ranked wingman is shot down either by cannon or missile.

The plus is, no yawing while at lower speeds like with original FM.

I guess my comment is, its better, but questionable on the speed bleed and the way the AI still tended to cobra the plane.

Comments?