Sign in to follow this  
Voodoo_Magic

An Introduction

Just thought I'd start off on the right (or is that my left foot, hard to tell at 6:10am just after waking up :biggrin: ) foot.

I have been an avid Flight Simulator 2004 user for a couple of years now. I love to fly the "Heavies" (747, MD-11, 777 etc) and other smaller passenger aircraft. I also belong to an online community called "VATsim" (Short for Virtual Air Traffic Simulation, if you'd like more information, feel free to PM me), which provides real time Air Traffic Control services to those flying in flight simulator.

I have recently branched out into combat simulations...namely Falcon 4.0: Allied Force & Silent Hunter III. I haven't really had the time to get into those 2 sims much..my life is a little hectic right now, but what little time I do have is concentrated on learning these 2 sims.

Thats about it for me, I look forward to meeting people in the other sections of this forum :salute:

Welcome.Since I don't play any of the games you listed I may not be of much help answering any question,but you will find most people here friendly and funny and most of the time helpful.If time is at a premium then i would sugest the StrikeFighter/WO* series of games from Thirdwire.the learning curve is short and simple but the games are quite good and endlesly modable.Not as button pushy as F4 but fun none the less.See you around.

Welcome to CA - yeah F4 has a very long learning curve - in fact you probably never stop learning haha

The thirdwire sims are a lot easier to get into for people with limited time and a love of 50s / 60s/ 70s Jet warfare

Hi there Voodoo.

First of all welcome aboard.

Looking inside your post, I'd say that Wo* is the perfect game for you.

(any of them up to all of them.)

You will find its a lot of fun playing them, people here are friendly, you'll love every minute.

Cheers.

Thanks for the welcome and recommendation...but I prefer modern combat aircraft (No offense to people who like the classic combat aircraft) & the other problem is, I don't have enough memory to run Strike Fighters 2...it says you need 1 GB and I have 768 MB...just don't have the money right now to buy more memory (I do know how cheap memory is though).

Looks like every waking moment I get will be spent learning F4 :biggrin:

Hello there Voodoo, and welcome to Combat Ace, or CA for short. I too got started on MSFS, first 5.1 on the 3.5" floppys, then FS98, FS9 (FS2004), and last but not least, the current incarnation, FSX!

I have always loved flying Cessnas around the FS world, and always have a hard-drive full of general aviation aircraft. Pipers, Maules, Cessnas, Wacos, Beechcrafts, and Mooney just to name a few.

Rest assured, you have found many a kindred spirit (i.e. enablers :crazy::cool::blush: )

In fact, my love of sims that can be easily suited to my own tastes is what led me here, and to the amazing Strike Fighters (SF) series. I own the original Falcon 4.0 and Allied Force and love them for what they are; increadibly detailed, immersive, and dynamic simulations of the F-16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Fighters and the Wings series don't provide that level of fidelity in areas like flight model and avionics, but more than make up for it with the multitude of aircraft, weapons, targets, terrains, effects, campaigns and missions available for them on this site! The level of quality is generally very high, and with literally hundreds of aircraft and weapons alone, you are sure to find something that interests you.

The avionics and flight model, while not as accurate as sims like Falcon 4.0: AF and Lock On: Modern Air Combat (LOMAC), is still pretty accurate. The radar, depending on aircraft, can have up to 5 different modes. Beyond Visual Range combat is modeled, and the radar is designed to be simple and streamlined to allow a novice to learn, and still keep an expert entertained.

The AI, while not perfect in stock form, can be brought up to a respectable level with the latest patch and some community mods. More than enough to keep you on your toes while bombing an airfield in East Germany. The SAM and AAA threat can be very effective, even more so at times when the interceptors are trying to shoot you down. Electronic Countermeasures, Anti-Radiation missiles (ARMs), routing, and strike package composition are your best weapons against Enemy Air Defences (EADs).

Well, thats enough for one rant about how great the WOX series is. :grandpa:

Again, Voodoo, welcome to CA, please make yourself at home! :salute:

And here is a little screenie of all the fun your missin, lol!

post-32899-1232806025_thumb.jpg

a little screenie of all the fun your missin, lol!

You call that fun? What's this then?

img00056.jpg

Welcome to the club, we have jackets, well actually we dont, but welcome anyway :P