Sign in to follow this  
TheStig

Editing Service Years for ground objects

Is there a way I can get AAA batteries on my maps for years before 1950 without downloading a WWII Mod? I'd also like to do the same for the 21st century too as I don't think there are any air defenses in my maps past 1999. Then again, I mostly fly intercept sorties and CAP in the 21st century.

Is there a way I can get AAA batteries on my maps for years before 1950 without downloading a WWII Mod? I'd also like to do the same for the 21st century too as I don't think there are any air defenses in my maps past 1999. Then again, I mostly fly intercept sorties and CAP in the 21st century.
can't you push the operational dates forward for the sam's to be operating to say 2010?

That's what I want to know what to do...

in the weapons editor and the weapons ini push the date forward and in the single mission ini to push your games operating years to 2010. And you can do the same to have their op start time earlier.

Edited by Viper6

No, you don't mess with the sim's Op years...you adjust the start and end years of the DATA.Ini of the ground objects in question. Also the Exported years too...extends their lifetimes a bit

Also, messing with the weapons data is bad idea, too. As we're not talking SAMs, but guns. The Gundata.ini has NO dates set for ANYTHING!

And there used to be a package of adjusted data inis in the downloads section for most of the SAMs and AAA units. Also, the Old Pasko Pak (and several of my terrain mods) includes older Soviet and Western AAA units.

BTW, you aren't GOING to see certain types BEFORE a certain op year anyway... even the KS-30 has a 1945 start date.

So, bite the bullet...get the WW2 stuff and install them. Obviously, you'll not be needing the Flak 88... The Bofors single 40 has an EXTREAMLY long life span -- late 30s (IIRC) to any time you want.

Wrench

kevin stein

I have SAM's and AAA all the way til my sim ends in 2010 based on the adjustments Hmm...it worked for me.