Sign in to follow this  

So I've pinpointed my problem with WOE crashing to my edited SquadronList.ini. Some may recall my post some days ago where WOE crashed when I clicked the 'loadout' tab in the aircraft menu whenever I tried to play in Single Mission mode with ANY aircraft.

Yes, I can hear you all saying that I should check the squadronlist.ini to see if the squadron numbers are all in the right order, but I've already done that - countless times. And yes, I've already placed the edited squadronlist.ini in the Wings Over Europe/PilotData folder.

I wanted to add the non-stock squadrons in Red Swarm, which I did without any problems and flew aircraft in single misisons without any problems. But the next day, when I start the game and go to fly a single mission with ANY aircraft - the game just goes keels over and dies on me. Windows also tells me that the game has stopped working. It also tells me that it's the SingleMission.DLL file.

So if anybody could help me out here I'd REEEALLY appreciate it. I've spent the last two days trying to sort this problem out and I feel as if I'm just banging my head off a wall. :dntknw:

A squadronlist.ini won't cause a singlemission.dll crash. You have added something that the sim can't use in a single mission. I suggest you fresh install, add one thing at a time and try it for every single thing you add. It take a long time but you can narrow down the problem.

A squadronlist.ini won't cause a singlemission.dll crash. You have added something that the sim can't use in a single mission. I suggest you fresh install, add one thing at a time and try it for every single thing you add. It take a long time but you can narrow down the problem.

Been there, done it, got the t-shirt my friend. As you were saying I was adding one thing at a time. The strange thing was when I added squadrons to the list first there were no problems at all and the changes were recognised and accepted (that was done yesterday). The problem started when I turned my pc off last night and went to use WOE today. I can't use any aircraft at all in single missions. The only way I can solve this problem, albeit losing my added squadrons, is to delete the edited SQUADRONLIST.INI so that the gane will automatically use the default ini in the MissionData.CAT file. Also, I made no other changes/additions to the Wings Over Europe/Flight folder. :dntknw:

Maybe I've found a bug in the Oct'08b patch

Been there, done it, got the t-shirt my friend. As you were saying I was adding one thing at a time. The strange thing was when I added squadrons to the list first there were no problems at all and the changes were recognised and accepted (that was done yesterday). The problem started when I turned my pc off last night and went to use WOE today. I can't use any aircraft at all in single missions. The only way I can solve this problem, albeit losing my added squadrons, is to delete the edited SQUADRONLIST.INI so that the gane will automatically use the default ini in the MissionData.CAT file. Also, I made no other changes/additions to the Wings Over Europe/Flight folder. :dntknw:

Maybe I've found a bug in the Oct'08b patch

It isn't a bug because I have a highly modified squadronlist.ini and it works fine. Now do you have a aircraft whose country isn't in the nations.ini?

It isn't a bug because I have a highly modified squadronlist.ini and it works fine. Now do you have a aircraft whose country isn't in the nations.ini?

Negative bro. I was just thinking while looking through things; would it be because of the way I've got certain 'out of the usual' squadrons entered? Here's some examples:

[squadron294]

Name=1BAF

DisplayName=No. 1 Squadron Thistle

Nation=Belgium

[squadron295]

Name=2BAF

DisplayName=No. 2 Squadron Shooting Star

Nation=Belgium

[squadron296]

Name=349BAF

DisplayName=No. 349 Squadron Goedendag

Nation=Belgium

[squadron297]

Name=409RCAF

DisplayName=409 Squadron RCAF

Nation=Canada

[squadron298]

Name=425RCAF

DisplayName=425 Squadron RCAF

Nation=Canada

That looks fine. I think it something else though. If you mess up a squadronlist.ini all it does is not list the squadron. It won't cause a CTD.

I wish I could get to the bottom of this. Things are ok when I delete the edited SQUADRONLIST.INI. I've done this loads of times before and nothing like this has happened. I'm certainly not re-installing WOE again unless I ABSOLUTELY have to.

Maybe it's a problem with the SingleMission.DLL that Windows keeps telling me is the problem ............ :dntknw:

I am thinking a reinstall is in order.

I am thinking a reinstall is in order.

Thanks but no thanks. I've done that twice already. I'm thinking I might just grit my teeth and put up with the default ini squadrons :yes: . This issue has taken up enough of my time over the past three days

Maybe waiting for the not so soon upcoming 'Strike Fighters: Europe' will be worth the wait

Thanks again for your help