Sign in to follow this  
Anthony W.

Nightwish and Syphonic Metal

I really like Nightwish. But I never thought I would because I don't like metal, but when I first really heard a song from Nightwish they got me and didn't let me off the hook again :smile:. But I still don't like ordinary metal

Totally the same

Hey Anthony, do you have Tarja's solo cd? Is it any good?

Falcon

I'm no big fan of solo's, but I hear its pretty good. Remember, its more of an opera style with Tarja solo

I'm no big fan of solo's, but I hear its pretty good. Remember, its more of an opera style with Tarja solo

OK I'll take that in mind when I go to Best Buy next time

Falcon

Well, you can try: Evanescence/within temptation/nightwish/sister sin that's all the bands i know with a female singer. :rolleyes: yeah i know 2 other bands with a female singer but thats death metal and they do not use ''clean'' vocals but they scream en growl. I like it. :biggrin:

By growling vocals if you mean Arch Enemy i'm already there! Sinister had a female growler for a period also. Evaescence is a band i can't stand from the start. They rank in the upper reaches of my "hell no" list.

Within Temptation is a name i've seen before. Guess i'll investigate. Sister Sin i've never heard of. Now that i think about it, Twisted Tower Dire has been around for some years now. I'll check them out later.

I knew Within Temptation but not Nightwish yet, will have to check out the other names as well... one that hasn't been mentioned before but which I also like, at least the early albums, is Rhapsody, if you discount the lyrics and the rustical-sounding songs...

Here's an example - Holy Thunderforce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxdoLFXgb6U

For the ultimate symphonic experience.......Rued Langgaard................ or perhaps Sir Arnold Bax................... maybe Giuseppe Martucci.

By growling vocals if you mean Arch Enemy i'm already there!

OMFG :shok: you got to be kidding me.

I'm a HUUUUUGE fan of Ach Enemy!! :rapage:

Isn't that hiphop or rap or something like that? :huh:

Yeah, but they collaborated with Anthrax, I guess that makes them kind of metal! :rofl:

Heaven Shall Burn, anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_AF3xatduE

They are good. but when i listen it too much i don't like them anymore. i have one album of them named: Iconoclast. sometimes i like to listen to it.