Sign in to follow this  
FLOGGER23

H.A.W.X.

I found a used copy of Over G for $18 at Gamestop, and picked up AC6 new for $20 at Walmart. For those prices, both are worth it.

Ok I played the PC version and,you do have a HUD, The visuals look like the real border town,and the lens flare as you come around and it hits you in the eyes dose remind me of El Paso. The only think I found wanting is the fact that the basic load of the Jets is definitely from Hollywood. If you strafe to low you feel the pinging sound of hits. haven't played it a lot as have been bz. Note these comments are for the PC version.

Edited by Bounder

Also played the PC version and I kinda like it - for what it is. I dont have any consoles at home and has been missing a Arcade Flight Shooter and this hits the spot.

Actually, a good way to put it is Aero Elite for the XBOX 360, but more in-depth, with more options, weapons and aircraft, and overall better (IMO).

You do get to take off, but I've never had to land. On ground missions you have to taxi to the runway, then take off, while on carrier missions you start on the catapult.

I'd definately recommend renting it, or buying it if it isn't too expensive.

What is this Aero Elite I've heard so much about?

In Over-G you can land, either for the hell of it or for fuel or weapons...it's also a great way to get a missile off you with the autoland feature! And landing on the carrier is challenging. Especially when your Tomcat has TF-30s. And getting a Three Wire....that is hard. I've put more Tomcats and Hornets into the back of the carrier or overshot in Over-G than I can count. In the end, it's all worth it. After you do the carrier landing training mission you unlock an F/A-18B (TF-18A ingame)

Like Caesar said as well. I'd recommend it. Buy or rent.

I also loved Aerodance / Aerowings for the Sega Dreamcast.

You only have a realistic number of missiles and the graphics is great.

But not much game options.