Sign in to follow this  
SailorDoc

Lomac Backup

Am I allowed to make a backup copy of the original LOMAC disc?? I do not want to continually use the original whenever I start the game and run the possibility of scratching or causing other damage. Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.

soon will be a unoffical no cd.exe crack

Edited by ARCHER

there are already no-cd cracks out - saw 1 posted over @ simhq..

i personally take a copy of games i play alot with Alcohol 120% saves the CD's and loads a hell of a lot quicker :)

Am I allowed to make a backup copy of the original LOMAC disc??

Yes, you are allowed to make a backup copy of your software as long as you don't give it to anyone else and you destroy it if you ever decide to sell your official copy of the CD to someone else. This is called your fair use rights in regards to copyright law.

But, even though you have the right to copy your disk for your own personal use, the copy may not work because of the copy protection software. This is why some people use modified copies of the executable or "no-cd" hacks. The legality of the modified executable is questionable, so to be truly safe, it is best to just treat the CD carefully and don't download the no-cd hack.