Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

Weapons Disappearing

Last Weapon is numbered

[WeaponData2049]

I add more, then use the weapons editor to edit and save... go back to the weapons.ini and the ones i added have disappeared ? :dntknw:

You using the correct weapons editor?

You using the correct weapons editor?

rgr

Have you tried switching weapons ?

In the INI, exchange the content of entries 2049 and 2050.

If the file still truncates at 2049, then it's an editor limitation, if it truncates at 2048 then one of your weapons doesn't parse correctly and the editor stop parsing once it reaches it, so correcting the weapon entry would fix the problem.

Off the top of my head, if it's the editor's fault, there may be 3 types of limitation of the editor that might cause such a problem :

1) The editor uses a counter limited to 2049 values, dropping anything beyond, which seems surprising... one would understand 2048, but 2049 seems strange, but it's late and I might be missing something; most probable.

2) The editor uses a buffer to keep ALL weapons while parsing them, and when out of buffer, writes all the complete weapons, dropping the rest (corollary, the longer your weapon entries, the less weapons you could use); very unlikely.

3) The editor has a hard set size limit for the maximum size of WEAPONDATA.DAT, in practice it ends up doing the same as 2); unlikely.

Edited by Gunrunner

This is just a hunch-in the Objectlist. ini try increasing this value

[ObjectGroup006]

GroupName=MissileGroup

GroupSize=2048

StaticGroup=FALSE

ObjectFlags=MISSILE

Searchable=TRUE

Nice find, except that would mean the weapon editor reads inside objectdata.cat.

But I just tried and it works fine on a system where there's no TW game to be found, hence, while it "may" allow the game to read a weapondata.dat with more than 2048/2049 entries, it won't help generating one with the editor.

Besides, this INI file looks more like the configuration file for the number of "displayed" objects in game (in flight), the various categories they fall into and how the game engine should treat them.

Edited by Gunrunner

solved

Edited by Veltro2k