MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Yeah, those crumpets in their S.E.5a can ruin your day, Widowmaker, but you chose a crate

in which you can turn the blade. Looking great! Have you also done the Keller skin?

Hi Olham, Yes..I did the Keller skin...bit of tweaking, then I will upload it...in fact, A lot of tweaking...I just noticed the lower wing should be Lozenge camo...not red!! :yikes:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

One of those, that make a DVII look better!

I don't like the bulky looks of that crate, but she's a great amazone.

Perhaps you can give her some more dresses that suit her fine?

I really like the DVII personally...I know she looks a bit square- edged, but I like the old girl! :grin:

Here is what it should have looked like!(if I had been Herr Keller..I would have kept both wings Red..but hey ho!)

post-22245-12528811320817_thumb.jpg

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Yes, both wings red would be my choice too.

Alright, I'm missing something. How does one save the screenshots on this thread to one's HD? I want to use MacIlroy's magnificent Nieuport vs. Einie shot as my new wallpaper but nowt that I click offers me the .jpg as a download. Is it lurking in my cache somewhere?

You should be able to just Right Click on the Image and select 'Save image as'...and make sure that Jpeg is selected

Save it to your desktop (dont change the name) and you should have the Jpeg...which you can then set as desktop background

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Wow!.... What a Dogfight that was!!

On a mission in my Alb...came across some BE2c's scored this hit (note unfortunate Airman who chose to jump!)...and was pounced upon by a whole Bunch of Neiuports!...madness...scored a BE2c and a possible Fighter....great fun...sweating palms...and another night in the mess!!...Maybe tomorrow...I won't be so lucky!

post-22245-12529627063624_thumb.jpg

Wow!.... What a Dogfight that was!!

On a mission in my Alb...came across some BE2c's scored this hit (note unfortunate Airman who chose to jump!)...and was pounced upon by a whole Bunch of Neiuports!...madness...scored a BE2c and a possible Fighter....great fun...sweating palms...and another night in the mess!!...Maybe tomorrow...I won't be so lucky!

Looks like a second jumper has just left the cockpit too. Great shot WM. My right click ability seems to have been appropriated by some Firefox add-ons but following your post I investigated more closely and I have it now Right CLick -> Select All -> Copy works. Cheers WM.

Aah! Thanks, Dej and Widowmaker - I had the same problem; now I know! :salute:

Nice one Chaps...glad you have it sorted! :salute:

Today I thought I'd try my hand at making 5-color lozenge camo, something I've always sucked at. However, my recent work with the pre-printed naval hex pattern had given me better ideas on how to do it, although of course the army lozenge patterns are more difficult due to all the different shapes. Still, I was fairly confident I could make it work OK, or at least better than my last attempt back in RB3D/FCJ.

Thinking I could get the pattern itself OK, the question arose as to which of the various color options to use. I really wasn't excited at doing the standard thing (what else is new), and OBD already has done plenty in that regard anyway. Then it hit me--AFAIK we have no skins in the night version of the 5-color stuff. That was worth doing yet another DFW skin.

So, I found some Dan-San-approved night colors (for Gothas, but who cares?) and, after a semi-hard but fairly short struggle, I got the lozenge pattern to look good.

Here's the result. Those who liked my 1st blue "naval" DFW might take comfort in having what I think is a legit blue paintjob. Too bad you can't tell in the dark blink.gif .

She's a beauty BH! Can I have her sir? Sure looks legit to me. She screams German to me.

She's a beauty BH! Can I have her sir? Sure looks legit to me. She screams German to me.

Thanks for the kind words. Yup, you can have the thing. It's already been approved over in the download section, where you will find many better skins by other folks.

Bullet, here comes the judgement:

1. she looks great - if she was a plane of later time.

2. the lightest blue is definitely too "neon", if you know what I mean.

The pattern looks like a great piece of pop art to me, great choice of colours;

but not yet a German night bomber Lozenge pattern.

If you just tweak and tune that lightest blue and get it a little more 'broken' colour,

she should be fine.

Bullet, here comes the judgement:

If you just tweak and tune that lightest blue and get it a little more 'broken' colour,

she should be fine.

Constructive advice there matey....But I still LOVE it! :salute:

Well, you can do what I do and pretend she's an LVG. I mean, what's the difference, really? grin.gif

she should be fine.

I'd have thought the same thing if I hadn't seen the Gotha fragments in the IMW. Gotha night colors are known the best of all German lozenge schemes due to the IMW's collection of trophies. These aren't just little scraps like we had with the naval hex, but stuff like entire rudders in pristine condition, enough to show the whole pattern, and carefully preserved since they night they were shot down.

Note, however, that I think only Gothas really had these colors. Other night bombers used different colors AFAIK, so technically speaking, these aren't the right colors for an LVG/DFW/whatever else. But who cares? I think it looks cool cool.gif .

Like I said, she's a beauty. I've downloaded and will take her up soon. Thanks again BH.

My Zeppelin Hunter Camel looks forward to seeing her BH!

That's interesting about the preserved parts with that Lozenge.

Can you lead me to some colour pics of those? That would be great to see.

Yes, leave her as she is - she's a Beauty in that dress.