Sign in to follow this  
ojcar

Humbly asking for some skins

Hello, boys! I'm updating my old Iran-Iraq install adding some planes as the Shenyang F-6 (for Iran), J-6 (for Iraq) and the J-7B for Iraq. I don't know about the Iran-Iraq J-6/F-6 it if they were bare-metal or camo (I have them bare metal now), but I'm pretty sure that J-6 were camo. So Someone could help me with a nice Iraq skin for this plane (or the other if historical). I could live with some desert suitable skin (Syrian, Egiptian, etc, you know...). Thanks in advance!

aren't there some desert-ish skins in the downloads section??? I know I've seen some at Marcfighters ... if not, with the templates I made (also in the d/l section), they should be pretty easy to reproduce in 1024x

*iirc, there's a Paran AF Farmer somewhere???

Wrench

kevin stein

Thank you, but not a single desert skin in Marcfighters for MiG-21F (I was searching for the J-7B, that uses the same model) and only an Egiptian skin for the Farmer (here at Combatace), but in two tone grey. Not very "desertish"....

well, after a quick 30 minutes searching the Web, all I've found is a few bits and pieces, most say they were natural metal (ACIG has a profile for one during the Iran/Iraq war). I know we used NM for the Iraqi F-7A in the DS mod, altough the Su-17 is desert camo.

I'd say just leave it metal; that seems to be "consesus". Other than trying to locate the Osprey book "MiG-17 & MiG-19 Units in Combat", (which should be avaialbe somewhere!!), that's all I can think of!

Wrench

kevin stein

Hmmmm, strange... I saw an Iraq J-7B camo in ACIG and an Iraq MiG-19 (adquired in 1964, not in Iran-Iraq. Not profiles of J-6). The bare metal plane in ACIG is a MiG-21F. In the Osprey book there is again an Iraq J-7B camo (sand and spinach), but no J-6. There is the same metal MiG-19 thatin ACIG

And not a single profile of J-6 in Iranian hands (but some fonts talks about it). By the way, I have encountered desert skins for the J-6, but not for the J-7.

J7's just the 21F-13, right?? (basically with, iirc, additional outboard pylons) So, any skins made for that one should. Unless, of course, its the TMF version, then we'd have to get the templates from them (sundowner maybe??)

Any 2-tone Farmer skin could easily be used as the 'base' skin for a camo version, you'd just need to add it as another layer to the template, create a new blank layer, and follow the patterns with the colors you'd want.

Wrench

kevin stein