Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

A couple more Skins

Here is another Camel, and a DR1 (damned wingman nearly killed us both!)

post-22245-1236370383_thumb.jpg

post-22245-1236370438_thumb.jpg

Nice skins

I'am still having problems with alinement - I don't thnk I am merging layers!

Working on two Albatros Jasta 14 aircraft at the monment more planned for the future

Hope to up load them in the next couple of days - alinement no withstanding

Nice skins

I'am still having problems with alinement - I don't thnk I am merging layers!

Working on two Albatros Jasta 14 aircraft at the monment more planned for the future

Hope to up load them in the next couple of days - alinement no withstanding

Hi Beanie.

Assume you're using photoshop?

Merging layers is pretty much the final act of skinning...I tend not to merge them until I am 100% sure that the skin is worth saving at the final stage..or whether it needs more work.

When you say 'Alignment' what is it you're having trouble with?

Maybe a good idea to post a pic, so we can have a quick look? :good:

Hi Beanie.

Assume you're using photoshop?

Merging layers is pretty much the final act of skinning...I tend not to merge them until I am 100% sure that the skin is worth saving at the final stage..or whether it needs more work.

When you say 'Alignment' what is it you're having trouble with?

Maybe a good idea to post a pic, so we can have a quick look? :good:

Hi

I am using Paint.net with a large amount of plug ins - I understanding layout is very close to Photoshop?

I am currently having troble with the under fusleage and whether I need to mirror the image?

Any help will be gratefully recieved - I will post an image later to day.

Great that we now have a skinners site - keep up the good work

Hi Beanie,

Skinning for OFF is an acquired skill so stick with it - it'll be worth it.

Although many of the aircraft models were tweaked for BHaH, some still have certain small areas that display rendering anomalies - where the model and skin texture file do not align correctly. Even for the OBD skinners, this sometimes proves too difficult to overcome and a compromise has to be made. These rendering anomalies will doubtless be tweaked out for future releases, but for now there are other issues to address first.

Also, the under fuselage area of the texture files is smaller in most cases than the related fuselage sides. This requires you to reduce the size of under fuselage detail by comparison to the fuselage markings. Stripes around the fuselage is a good example.

Hi Beanie,

Skinning for OFF is an acquired skill so stick with it - it'll be worth it.

Cheers Sandbagger. I am enjoying learning a new skill.

Having had an interest in Jasta colours, I intend (hope!) to be able to skin German aircraft of unidentified pilots, not currenetly represented in OFF and will be able to be used by players as their personal markings

Any advice - bad or good will always be gratefully appreciated.

Once I have completed the first couple of skins that I am currnetly working on I will up load them - although work in also getting in the way.

I should proof read bfore I post

Sandbagger - any advice will always be gratefully appreciated. Once skins posted, any comments whether bad or good will be helpful

Cheers Beanie

Edited by Beanie

axe has started to skin i think for his first effort they look great, he sent me the fiels to tinker jsut some nammign issues but ill teach him, sicne he hasnt even seen them yet thought id share wiht the gang on cba