Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Troubles in Savy

I had 2 long and overall very satisfying flights in my Campaign from Savy today. In the both I flew as a wingman in large formations of 7 planes each flight. We did it to the frontline and into the enemy's with several successful scraps on the way with amazingly very well organized rejoinings on course to the next waypoints and overall perfectly following the flight plan from the take off to the landing. Unfortunately:

1. The AI crashed in the bush on final to landing in Savy (the airbase is in the lowland so the AI hit the trees that are in the way of the glideslope).

2. In the both flights the game suspended on exit in the "Are you sure you want to end this mission" screen. First it looked as if it was trying to process all the data from the flight. Then it just suspended with no reaction to the inputs (have seen similar only in the older iterations of F4).

3. Over the frontlines the game simingly lost focus of the front screen on both crossing out and back in. First time I spotted it when suddenly the game's GFX lost Anti-Aliasing and all lines became rough and jaggy (non-AA-ed, it's visible on my large 24' screen). What helped was Alt+Tab then the game's GFX returned to AA-ed again. I would compare it with the suddedn switch of the process priority when something takes over and pushes the game's GFX behind itself (but there were no 2D pop ups, nothing in the front). I have no antivirus, nothing is running in the background, except for joystick and mouse profiles. It occured over the no man land only. And I cured it with Alt+Tab. The GFX/game would flicker for a very short instance and then the GFX would return to the very smooth antialised picture as usual. Weird since it was not even followed by any noticeable drops in FPS. I know nothing of how the game works, but it felt like the OFF manager momentarily was taking over the GFX front, lol. It didn't give me much troubles though as I mentioned because I learnt how to fix it fast with Alt+Tab.

I have area air activity on high, large flights, formation tight, ground objects count @high. The FPS and fluidity are really good, but the suspension on exit spoils it all...

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

I had 2 long and overall very satisfying flights in my Campaign from Savy today. In the both I flew as a wingman in large formations of 7 planes each flight. We did it to the frontline and into the enemy's with several successful scraps on the way with amazingly very well organized rejoinings on course to the next waypoints and overall perfectly following the flight plan from the take off to the landing. Unfortunately:

1. The AI crashed in the bush on final to landing in Savy (the airbase is in the lowland so the AI hit the trees that are in the way of the glideslope).

2. In the both flights the game suspended on exit in the "Are you sure you want to end this mission" screen. First it looked as if it was trying to process all the data from the flight. Then it just suspended with no reaction to the inputs (have seen similar only in the older iterations of F4).

3. Over the frontlines the game simingly lost focus of the front screen on both crossing out and back in. First time I spotted it when suddenly the game's GFX lost Anti-Aliasing and all lines became rough and jaggy (non-AA-ed, it's visible on my large 24' screen). What helped was Alt+Tab then the game's GFX returned to AA-ed again. I would compare it with the suddedn switch of the process priority when something takes over and pushes the game's GFX behind itself (but there were no 2D pop ups, nothing in the front). I have no antivirus, nothing is running in the background, except for joystick and mouse profiles. It occured over the no man land only. And I cured it with Alt+Tab. The GFX/game would flicker for a very short instance and then the GFX would return to the very smooth antialised picture as usual. Weird since it was not even followed by any noticeable drops in FPS. I know nothing of how the game works, but it felt like the OFF manager momentarily was taking over the GFX front, lol. It didn't give me much troubles though as I mentioned because I learnt how to fix it fast with Alt+Tab.

I have area air activity on high, large flights, formation tight, ground objects count @high. The FPS and fluidity are really good, but the suspension on exit spoils it all...

Thanks.

1) Savy and a few other airfields do have location issues - we have over 1000 airfields in total and I am working on sorting the few that are badly placed/oriented - best to enlist in another squad.

2) Not sure maybe reduce load by lowering sliders sounds like memory.

3) Sounds like a system thing - GPU overheating most likely - mem corruptions? - never seen/heard of that before in any phase of OFF.

HTH

WM