Sign in to follow this  
Winston DoRight

Why don't my trim inputs stick?

I can trim my aircraft to fly straight and level, but as soon as I touch the joystick all trim settings go back to as before. Why is this?

reasonable question..........same here for years..trimmed manually, touch the stick, and trim settings went south..which is why auto-trim was for me a given. Now the auto-trim function here has new constraints........good ones....see the "violent pitch" threads...the devs and AussiePilot have solved the issue. There were several glitches (under 50 yard bullet hits for example) that seemed to be tied to old no-cd .exe's. I've no idea what the ties were or if this trim thing is even associated...but the game is evolving and there are a lot of people smarter than I am working on and aware of these things....keep the faith.

Trim was not something that any of the team use or test as most WWI craft had no or crude trim. Auto trim can be used if you really want to, only issue with it at the moment is warp breaks it. A work around is simply as per the known issues thread (http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=37934) - disable it before using warp then renable.

But we will look into it. Winder is taking a well earned break, so it won't be a usual lightning fast update...

OK, I found my own problem guys. My right ctrl key doesn't work anymore on my keyboard. Must have worn out over all these years. I can input trim using the left ctrl key plus the arrow keys but not from the right ctrl key. Looks like I was just inputting regular keyboard control to move the control surfaces and thats why it would go away with the first joystick movement.

Now I can't get buy using the left control key because it's too far from the other keys that control trim, so can amyone recommend a good gaming keyboard that still uses the PS2 interface? I need this because I'm still using the old Thrustmaster F16-FLCS and TQS throttle. A USB keyboard just won't do. After looking at several on-line dealers it seems no one is making a good gaming keyboard in PS2 interface.