Sign in to follow this  
Womenfly2

3D Plane Tutorial .....

By: Tim West .... Build -A- Plane...You CAN do it!

Cheers,

WF2

Nice one!!! This is going to be moved to the proper forum and placed in a sticky! Great stuff WF2!

Thanks

OvS

Nice one!!! This is going to be moved to the proper forum and placed in a sticky! Great stuff WF2!

Thanks

OvS

:ok: ... Sorry, forgot. Still getting use to the new forum. Its awesome!

WF2

Be aware though that this tut is meant for high-poly models that can't be used for real-time applications such as games. Good food for thought but many things aren't related to low-poly modelling, which is the aim of everybody planning to make a model for OFF.

Wow! Yay! Heyyyyy! How cool is that!

Erm.. Is there an exporter from Maya to .M3D? Thought not... Maya looks a lot of fun, but for OFF you'll need gmax or 3dsMax, so same old headbanging and learning the hard way, I fear.

But if anyone's interested in gmax modelling, have a look at Uncle Milton's aircraft building tutorial series. It's for FS9, so doesn't cover damage modelling or LODs, but as a thorough introduction to aircraft building for MS sims, including mapping and skinning, I can thoroughly recommend it. http://www.flightsimonline.com/C162/

Hello bzhyoyo, your colour-coding tip for LOD development (Netwings forum, once upon a time) was an eye-opener for me. Cheers, old chap!good.gif