Sign in to follow this  
Schlissefahrt

Claims.

Well I have been flying a few different pilots in campaigns. I typically pick anywhere from 80 to 100 realism depending on how hopeless of a machine I'm flying :P, but in all of my campaigns, even though I put in as much detail as possible into my claim reports and get a usual 70-80 pending rating, they still take days to be confirmed. I have only ever had one claim be confirmed the day after. Is this working as intended? Am I doing something wrong? I noticed on Siggi's online killboard, one of the pilots has 6 claims and 6 confirmed in like 15 missions. Is he full of it, or is that possible? Thanks.

-Alex

Yes it is possible and if you need immediate claim confirmation you can select that in workshop. Of course that would not be Did conformant. I always die before most of my claims are confirmed. Must be the paper trail and the home office having bigger matters to deal with. Just about the time I am ready to report to Siggi for the kill board the pilot dies and I say what the heck. I only have one pilot record on the killboard and fly DiD all the time. We can do as we please in the settings but I want to have enties on that killboard of Siggi's.

I think the realistic setting on claims means that it takes quite a while for claims to be confirmed. I suspect this models real life, where claims had to be posted to HQ, go through the bureaucratic red tape and then return by post to the airfield. It seems to be taking several weeks for my claims to be confirmed. So, most of my pilots die before their claims are confirmed. But I advanced my recent pilot through a few weeks to get him out of Strutters and back into Pups (he took some leave and visited his young wife who he married in the giddiness of the days leading up to his enlistment in the air corps). When he returned after a few weeks, 3 of his early claims were confirmed.

I learned how to write them up from folks here on the forum. I had quite a few denied at first until I learned the tricks. But even now that mine score in the 80s, it still takes the same time to get them confirmed.

Less realistic settings in the workshop for claims will result in all of them being confirmed immediately, I believe. But even at realistic, if enough time has lapsed in those 15 missions and the claims were early in the run, then they would have time to be confirmed (and whoever it is on Siggi's board is reporting truthfully, I'm sure).

Alright, I figured it was normal, I just wanted to make sure. Guess I'll just do my best to not die :P See if they ever get confirmed. Thanks Rickity.

Alright, guess Christmas just happened for me too. After a long and uneventful patrol in our Alb D.IIIs, I was promptly notified that 3 of my claims were confirmed, while 3 others were rejected. Hey, 50% ain't bad right? :yes: