Sign in to follow this  
andqui

poor frame rates when looking up in bad weather

Any ideas? Most of the times, my frame rates are marvelous, no problems or stutters at all. The problem is during bad weather, with the layer of grey "blanket" way up high. When I look up at it, my frame rates drop severely, and the game stutters like crazy. Makes it very hard to shoot anything in a climbing turn. When I look level, at the ground and straight into the distance, my frame-rates are back to normal and nothing's wrong. When I look up at the grey, overcast sheet that's really high up I get the stuttering. Cloud detail is already at 1 in the config.

I'm using a 256 mb ATI Radeaon 2600.

Andqui your video is quite a lowly one for BH&H , not much you can do, apart from try the ATI video tweaks in the FAQ

You might want to try raising your cloud settings in config. I have a Radeon HD3850 and my fps is better with higher cloud settings.

hmm.. it's just strange that there is one nasty cloud type/texture/or something. I can and have had 15+ member dogfights without any stuttering of any kind, with terrain and scenery at 3. But if I look at one cloud it all falls apart.

I'll try raising the cloud detail and see if that helps

thanks