Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barnstorm

Nice to see everyone, again!

Guest Barnstorm

Greetings to All,

I have been off-line and grounded for most of the past 4-6 weeks traveling cross country (with my mom on Hospice care). But it is nice to finally catch up with the OFF Forum, again. I had heard from the support folks that we were "asked" to relocate, so I am officially reporting in. Thanks to all those responsible for the work involved in making the move possible, and to ComabatAce.com for hosting us. Our new home looks nice, indeed!! I would like to know "Why?" we asked to leave SOH. As one who regularly contributed to Ickies Web Design for the maintenance of the site, I feel some form of explanation is in order. If this has answered already, please refer me to the post. If not please fill me in either here, or PM me.

Happy Friday,

Barnstorm

Hi Barnstorm, Welcome back to the Ops Room!

The Admin's at SoH got all up-tight because they didn't get a freebie of BHaH...They accused us of causing them 'endless work' editing / Closing Flamer threads etc etc.... So many members told them where to stick their Forum...and for a day or so, we were all homeless roustabouts!

Then, like an Angel appearing to Mary...along came those rather Spiffing chaps at Combatace, and gave us this Jolly Nice place, where we could all meet for a spiffing good wag!...and a Chat!

(they even gave us lot's of new places to play, such as the Skinning Section, and all sorts!)

What is quite remarkable is that NO threads have been closed on here...Eveyone get's on like a house on Fire..and we have proper OFF'ers like OvS and the Dev's acting as Moderataors!..and it's bloody great!!!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Welcome back to the squad mate! Yes, have good poke about the place. You will find we are much better OFF for the change.

Welcome back, Barnstorm - you'll like it here, I'm sure.

By the way - how is it going with donations to the forum? I'd like to make one.

members..........yep, here we are.........some valued, some new, some modders, some junior, some...never mind.....we're something in the great scheme of things......nice to see your "rocky mountain way" avatar

Edited by gaw

Welcome back

I have been a member of CombatAce for a couple of years and have found it to be one of the best site around.

Guest Barnstorm
Welcome back, Barnstorm - you'll like it here, I'm sure.

By the way - how is it going with donations to the forum? I'd like to make one.

Guest Barnstorm

Olham,

When I joined up, there were options for 'levels' or 'classifications', for lack of a better term, of membership here at CombatAce.com. Some have the option to pay X$ every 6 or 12 months, I believe. If you notice the different colors in our member names at the bottom of the main forum page, has something to distinguish the groups apart. This is my first association with CombatAce, so if someone else has better info, please feel free to advise. It is just my core belief that nothing is free in this world: If I am going to be a member of a forum (or anything else) and use it's resources, then I fell obliged to chip in and help cover the costs. That's just the way I roll, and I never judge others for seeing things differently.

The Admin's at SoH got all up-tight because they didn't get a freebie of BHaH...They accused us of causing them 'endless work' editing / Closing Flamer threads etc etc.... So many members told them where to stick their Forum...and for a day or so, we were all homeless roustabouts![\quote]

Funny, we've been on this spot for almost a month now... what endless work?

I think we as a community deserve some kind of medal or recognition. It's the first time I have ever heard of an ENTIRE Community being banned/booted from a forum. Gotta be a record somewhere. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm pretty disappointed about that.

I had been Forum member since October 2008, and had made two donations in that time.

Also, in addition to that, I had given money for Icky's new rig and monitor.

Don't know, what tackled them...

Funny, we've been on this spot for almost a month now... what endless work?

I think we as a community deserve some kind of medal or recognition. It's the first time I have ever heard of an ENTIRE Community being banned/booted from a forum. Gotta be a record somewhere. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

An entire community being booted AND THEN almost ALL the members relocating to a different forum. A medal for sure.

-Rooster

And we have really been keeping the moderators busy with all of our out of control bickering and offenses haven't we? It was a blessing in the end. Here's to Combat Ace :groupwave: