Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Pilot

Another Close Shave & Trackir, how real does it get.

Well another eventful mission where my dogfighting was so close that when the enemy aircraft flew over the top of me he was that close that the reality that trackir offers made me duck in real life. I have been flying with trackir for a few years now and that was the first time it made me duck, i felt like a right twat as i sat there laughing to myself, or should i say at myself... :rofl:

Anyway, bagged two Alb's on the way to target and one on the way back. The one on the way back got a bit close (see attached pics) and he came off second best. I managed to make it home again. This is the third time i have lost a wing tip in dogfights, maybe i should back of a bit more.

I had a wingman to confirm my claims, i just hope i survive long enough for them to be awarded.

hope you like the pictures.

post-45954-1237644418_thumb.jpg

post-45954-1237644458_thumb.jpg

post-45954-1237644480_thumb.jpg

post-45954-1237644506_thumb.jpg

QUOTE: that was the first time it made me duck, i felt like a right twat as i sat there laughing to myself, or should i say at myself...

No reason to feel ashamed, I'd say - rather a good example for immersion.

Like in a sad moment in a good movie, you may have tears in your eyes, although you know, it's all acting and cuts.

Speaks for this sim - and TrackIR.

A good sound system helps too!... I have a quad-speaker setup running through an Amp.

Not allowed to use it after 8:00pm!

Although during the day, when everyone is out, I crank it up a bit...and I have near sh*t myself at times!!!!