Sign in to follow this  

I´m willing to release a pack focused in the Spanish Navy, and i would like to contact some people from Team Harrier

to ask for their consent to release the AV-8S "Matador". I would also like to talk to whoever made Harrier GR3s cockpit,

as that of the AV-8S uses still using avionics 60s, need help to find this people, thanks

For the AV-8S you have two different ways to deal with it...

1) Use Wpnssgt old AV-8S, in which case you only need Wpnssgt permission as he has not signed the CA modders agreement yet, while other participant in the AV-8S (C5, Dave and Sundowner) are signatories.

2) Use TW's AV-8A or GR.1 model with added RWR, a new skin and a hybrid of TW's GR.1 and GR.3 cockpit.

The problem of method 1) is the FM, inconsistent with TW's Harriers (and Bobrock's)... meaning you'll have to heavily adapt it to fit.

Also, the AV-8S skins I'm aware of are quite dated and won't fit the actual standards.

If you can't contact Wpnssgt directly I'm sure either C5 or Dave may get in touch and obtain clearance for you.

Method 2) still has a skin problem, as there's no AV-8S skin available for TW's Harriers and the templates are mostly useless for a quick job, you'll have to do an extensive job for a skin up to standards.

On the other hand, it saves some work on the FM, make it more consistent with the available planeset.

You'd still need some 3D work for the obvious external difference between TW's Harriers and the AV-8S, the forward RWR antenna.

Of course, this method is also completely irrelevant if you don't have WoE...

Edited by Gunrunner

1) Use Wpnssgt old AV-8S, in which case you only need Wpnssgt permission as he has not signed the CA modders agreement yet, while other participant in the AV-8S (C5, Dave and Sundowner) are signatories.

The problem of method 1) is the FM, inconsistent with TW's Harriers (and Bobrock's)... meaning you'll have to heavily adapt it to fit.

Also, the AV-8S skins I'm aware of are quite dated and won't fit the actual standards.

If you can't contact Wpnssgt directly I'm sure either C5 or Dave may get in touch and obtain clearance for you.

Thanks, Gunrunner, i´ll try this one