Sign in to follow this  
i fight by 1

Is adding aircraft suppose to be dificult?

I am really confused, I've tried to do multiple aircraft that I've downloaded, but I never seem them in game. I've gone to the knoweldge base and read a toooon of stuff, most if it didn't make sense to me though. I made the game end in 2020, put the files in the appropriate folder (To my knoweldge they are appropriate), and the aircraft is never there! :suicide:

Did anyone else have problems installing their first aicraft?

Don't know what to say, only ever failed with a single plane (Daves' RF101)

Do you mean single mission? Or for a campaign?

If the basic aircraft.ini doesn't match the file folder name, it won't show. That's the usual mistake. Maybe check your spelling?

It really is not difficult at all. The best bet is to first extract the downloaded aircraft file to a folder you create on your desktop. From the folder you extracted the file to on your desktop, just drag and drop the specific aircraft file into the Aircraft file in the Objects folder of the sim. The aircraft folder you drag and drop or copy from the desktop will be for example "A-5A". Within that folder you will need to check that it includes a cockpit folder, or you will not see it displayed in game when selecting an aircraft to fly.

Most likely, you are dropping "a folder within a folder" into your Aircraft folder in your sim. The program will not see the specific aircraft file since it is contained in another folder. If you extract the downloaded plane into a folder on your desktop you named "A-5A Vigilante", within the desktop folder you extracted the files to will be an aircraft folder named "A-5A". If you copied the "A-5A Vigilante" folder you extracted the downloaded files into over to the Aircraft folder in the Objects folder of the sim, you will not see the aircraft in game.

If you copy over the "A-5A" folder located inside the larger "A-5A Vigilante" folder from your desktop to the Aircraft folder in the Objects folder of the sim, you're in business. Clear as mud!

Try it with the beautiful A-5A Vigilante I used as an example.

To establish if you are putting your add-ons in the correct place, does your Aircraft folder already contain the stock WOV aircraft?

Apart from that, I agree with NeverEnough that a folder within a folder will be the most likely problem.

As these things are designed to work you shouldn't need to be changing file names at all. There are times when that will be useful but, for you, at the moment don't touch the file/folder names.

To establish if you are putting your add-ons in the correct place, does your Aircraft folder already contain the stock WOV aircraft?

Apart from that, I agree with NeverEnough that a folder within a folder will be the most likely problem.

As these things are designed to work you shouldn't need to be changing file names at all. There are times when that will be useful but, for you, at the moment don't touch the file/folder names.

Ok, so inside the Talon F-something there is a FOLDER called Talon, inside this are files like cockpit and stuff, I opened them all up, dragged them into the Talon folder, then drag the Talon stuff into the Talon F-thing. It wasn't there though :/ I'm pretty sure sound and effects are in the right place.

Oh yeah, it has Stock aircraft :D

It was exactly the wrong way 'round...

You should just drop the folder "Talon" into the "Aircraft" folder...

It was exactly the wrong way 'round...

You should just drop the folder "Talon" into the "Aircraft" folder...

Uh the FA-37A Folder name was there in the Aircraft Folder, and I put all the Talon stuff into it. I ment it wasn't there ingame. Should I have took the Talon folder as is, and just dragged it into the aircraft folder, instead of opening it all up and putting it in FA-37A folder?

Uh the FA-37A Folder name was there in the Aircraft Folder, and I put all the Talon stuff into it. I ment it wasn't there ingame. Should I have took the Talon folder as is, and just dragged it into the aircraft folder, instead of opening it all up and putting it in FA-37A folder?

Yes!

oh :|, I'll try that...

uh, so I delete that FA-37A folder right, and then reinstall and stuff?

uh, so I delete that FA-37A folder right, and then reinstall and stuff?

You could try just to rename it... (if the internal structure is the same as it was in the "Talon" folder - just rename "FA-37A" to "Talon")

You could try just to rename it... (if the internal structure is the same as it was in the "Talon" folder - just rename "FA-37A" to "Talon")

:O It worked! I still don't get this stuff though :blowup: