Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Otto Kissenberth's Final Kill

This is a skin I made of Otto Kissenberth's Sopwith Camel.

Kissenberth (as far as we know) was the only German Pilot to ever use a Captured Sopwith Camel, and he used it to score his 20th Victory against an SE5a on 16th May 1918

He was the commander at the time of Jasta23b, and was seriously injured when he crashed his Camel. (damned Huns can't fly properly!) :biggrin:

He is also known to have been one of only three German Aces to wear Spectacles (hope for me yet!!)..and he survived the war, only to be Killed in 1919 in a climbing accident.

If you like my skin, please feel free to download it from the skins section. (you can fly against the Allies in QC using it, but obviously, you must use a British pilot)

Here is a Screenshot of my take on his victory, and a picture of Herr Kissenberth himself

post-22245-1239013401_thumb.jpg

post-22245-1239013704_thumb.jpg

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Dont download yet please!..I have posted a corrected version, just awaiting authorisation!!..will post back when it's up!..the one there already is incorrect!!!

...he crashed his Camel. (damned Huns can't fly properly!)

Well, as far as I know, the Camel killed a lot of British rookie pilots, too. Wasn't she even called "Widowmaker"?

But interesting story, that. And a special skin. Perhaps it can be built into Jasta 28b, in some future version of BHaH?

I will try a British campaign with the Camel now; see, if I can get to grips with this nervous witch craft.

It's up now! (probably still incorrect, but hey!...Noobies Rule!!)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

...he crashed his Camel. (damned Huns can't fly properly!)

Well, as far as I know, the Camel killed a lot of British rookie pilots, too. Wasn't she even called "Widowmaker"?

But interesting story, that. And a special skin. Perhaps it can be built into Jasta 28b, in some future version of BHaH?

I will try a British campaign with the Camel now; see, if I can get to grips with this nervous witch craft.

Indeed Olham!..she has killed me on more occasions than :blink: I care to remember!!!

Hahaha!!! But good, you're the right stuff, eyh?

You just stand up again, and enter the next available plane, with a good headache, maybe.

Do you know: was it the left or the right turn, she performs better?

She pulls Hard Right I believe?

This is a skin I made of Otto Kissenberth's Sopwith Camel.

Kissenberth (as far as we know) was the only German Pilot to ever use a Captured Sopwith Camel, and he used it to score his 20th Victory against an SE5a on 16th May 1918

He was the commander at the time of Jasta23b, and was seriously injured when he crashed his Camel. (damned Huns can't fly properly!) :biggrin:

He is also known to have been one of only three German Aces to wear Spectacles (hope for me yet!!)..and he survived the war, only to be Killed in 1919 in a climbing accident.

If you like my skin, please feel free to download it from the skins section. (you can fly against the Allies in QC using it, but obviously, you must use a British pilot)

Here is a Screenshot of my take on his victory, and a picture of Herr Kissenberth himself

Who are the two spectacles aces????? interesting never know this?

One is Widowmaker, and I'm the other (Lol!!!)

Oh God, don't say that m8!...... Can you imagine what a complete Noob load of twaddle my skin would be made to look by the OFF Squad?

I could never show my face here again!! :dntknw:

Who are the two spectacles aces????? interesting never know this?

Fritz Otto Bernert and Kurt Wintgens are another two I believe (although there appears to be more, now I take the time to look)

First thing you discover about 90 yrs ago, is that there are so many conflicting reports!!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

One is Widowmaker, and I'm the other (Lol!!!)

Hmmm ,so you are not that handsome glasless pilot like it shows on your IL2-pilot avatar :haha:

Edited by Dutch_P47M

Who of us do you mean? And why IL2 pilot?

I don't know Widow's looks, but me - I'm handsome, surely. Even WITH glasses! :smile:

I don't know Widow's looks

You don't want to either matey! :no:

hahaha,

Now serious, I see at the OFF aces folder Runge and Kypke are also wearing glasses, never knew that.

hahaha,

Now serious, I see at the OFF aces folder Runge and Kypke are also wearing glasses, never knew that.

well, there's more than three already! (Wikipidia have it wrong)

well, there's more than three already! (Wikipidia have it wrong)

Widow,

Great stuff. Nice to see this one take flight. We'd love to get it in there, but right now the way the plane allocations go, the entire Jasta would be flying them, so no good. Hopefully we can eventually get OFF to assign individual planes with assigned skins to specific pilots... but man, that would be a serious amount of work!!

Kissenberth actually flew with Jasta 23b, also another pilot that flew a captured enemy plane in combat was Eduard von Schleich's Spad V.II. That was a nice one as well.

OvS

Widow,

Great stuff. Nice to see this one take flight. We'd love to get it in there, but right now the way the plane allocations go, the entire Jasta would be flying them, so no good. Hopefully we can eventually get OFF to assign individual planes with assigned skins to specific pilots... but man, that would be a serious amount of work!!

Kissenberth actually flew with Jasta 23b, also another pilot that flew a captured enemy plane in combat was Eduard von Schleich's Spad V.II. That was a nice one as well.

OvS

Thanks for the Compliment OvS.

I am skinning like a man posessed at the moment (partly cos of the competition..but mainly cos I am seriously unable to stop!)

I am getting into all sorts of bother with the Wife!!! :blink: