Sign in to follow this  
Wels

How do i make a CFS3 plane flyable in OFF p3 ?

Hello,

well, the question is in the topic title .. i downloaded a Blériot 11 and "installed" it - means the install program searched for the CFS3 folder, which was not there - so i said "yes" to create the folder.

So afterwards there was the usual folder to be found...programs\CFS3\aircraft\Bleriot11. Since i found the "aircraft" folder in the "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" one, i just copied the Blériot11 folder into the OFF "aircraft" one.

I also saw there were three different folders under the usual OFF planes, so i created those three folders (only 2, the "sound" one was already present) below the bleriot11 one, and copied the appropriate files into those:

"bleriot11.m3d" and "bleriot11_cockpito.m3d" into the "models" folder

"bleriot11_CFS3_c.dds", "bleriot11_CFS3_t.dds" and "prop_OFF_dr1.dds" into the "textures" folder

Somehow the Bleriot does not show up after starting OFF - ist it even possible to get this working, and if what would i have to do ?

Thanks and Happy Easter,

Catfish

If Winder is around he can probably answer you.. I believe the data base has to know that the folder is there in order to point to it. I also know that adding non OFF planes, etc., may cause problems, so proceed at your own risk. Hope you get it working though, would love to see that plane in the game.

adding non OFF planes, etc., may cause problems...

Yeah, but just think: a chance to fly something older, more primitive, more vicious and squirrely than a E.IIII. Definitely not for sissies.

Edited by Hauksbee

I have flown a CFS3 Spitfire in OFF...But you have to go to QC via the Workshop in order to select it!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Hello Widowmaker,

it worked, however only from the workshop quick combat button, as you said (thanks!).

And it only showed up under "British", and as the only british plane hmm.

Anyway it was worth a try - fm and dm are virtually non-existant, you can dive with 200+ without any damage, and it is surely much more forgiving than the real thing - but fun it is !

post-45860-1239625515_thumb.jpg

post-45860-1239625539_thumb.jpg

Thanks, greetings and Happy Easter,

Catfish

I suspect that if you modify it's DM file you'll be able to make it as fragile as a butterfly.

I suspect that if you modify it's DM file you'll be able to make it as fragile as a butterfly.

Definately!..... Nice looking plane too!..... You can import the Jenny too I think

I have flown a CFS3 Spitfire in OFF...But you have to go to QC via the Workshop in order to select it!

Is this what/where you're talking about? Because when I select it, it takes me to the OFF OC.

And it only showed up under "British", and as the only british plane hmm.

What a disappointment. Ah well. [but...how difficult would it be to disable the Bleriot and get the regular roster of British planes back?]

Hello Hauksbee,

yes that is the button, but it is QC for Quick Combat - clicking at it and arriving at your aerodrome there is now a QC window with a medal on the left - clicking on it you are able to select different planes to fly, and the Bleriot will show up here. I guess this QC is is a remnant of CFS3, and not intended to be used in OFF phase 3, but i may be wrong ...

"What a disappointment. Ah well. [but...how difficult would it be to disable the Bleriot and get the regular roster of British planes back?]"

It is easy to remove the Bleriot from the list of "aircraft" folders in OFF phase 3, there was no editing of any other file and i doubt that it screwed up the rest of my installation - i will move the Bleriot folders, restart OFF and see what happens now under "british" in Quick combat. Maybe there was never showing anything up, because usually you play a Quick mission or flight from another OFF menu than "Workshop" ?

Greetings,

Catfish