Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Albatros with Reichsadler

Reichsadler means "Eagle of the Empire", and I always wanted to make a very

conservative skin I imagined to have been flown by Guenther Ritter von Mahlow,

a typicall Prussian noble with not much humour for a more cheeky skin (Lol!)

The eagle, I think goes back to a double-headed eagle, which was the sign of

the "Heilige Römische Reich deutscher Nationen" - that would be:

"Holy Roman Empire of German Nations", more or less - at least very old.

Very nice...please upload, so I can download it and put some good old fashioned dirt on it!...lol

(You Prussian types are far too clean and shiny!) haha

Vee know how too handl a beautiful lady, mein Herr Englander!

But I may add a little oil smear and such - worked out some in Photoshop already.

But it's true - if you look at the Albatros, it is a wooden plane with paint on; not like

canvas. You first have to seal the wood with primer, and then paint it in two or three layers,

until it appears like a shiny car. I'm pretty sure, German air crew were rather neat about

the nicely painted craft. If you see nowadays, how the people treat their cars - it's insane!

Even the bumper (that should be for bumping, no?) mustn't have a scratch or stain.

Regarded that way, I must have rather French or British ancestors. If you saw my kitchen... (Lol!)

Edited by Olham

Looks great Olham! The Kaisers flagship Albatros. They ought to display that beauty in Berlin to keep up morale.

-Rooster

Beautiful plane Olham! And nothing wrong with keeping it clean, shows pride of ownership. But about that comment on a messy kitchen and British ancestry...FOWL! The Brits like to have things neat and classy as well. Now, where did I set my plate of bread and drippings?

Cheers!

Lou