Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Non-recoverable spins...

Just as I get past the 'perpetual stall' stage and feel as though I've got a chance, I am suddenly plagued with a tendency for my Triplane to go into a spin that lasts forever. Until I hit the ground and then it kicks me back to 15,000' and does it some more. Is there a way to stop it?

Yes! Go and peel the spuds in the cantine, pilot!

But you might use the effect - and plaster any enemy plane on your spinning down!

But seriously - I experienced two nasty spins myself today. Never had that before!

on the first one, the plane broke up in mid air. But I had not even performed very

tricky manoeuvers... Both on Albatros D Va - a plane I thought to know...

- I experienced two nasty spins myself today. Never had that before!

on the first one, the plane broke up in mid air. But I had not even performed very

tricky manoeuvers... Both on Albatros D Va - a plane I thought to know...

Exactly so! I was peeling off, going in for attack. Nothing violent or flashy. Very odd. Perhaps the developers have slipped a Trojan Horse into the code: the NRS Worm. On April 12, non-recoverable spins will start.

You mean, "Bloody April" ?

You mean, "Bloody April" ?

Yes! They're still nursing a grudge for 'the Fokker Scourge'.

They have'nt actually fixed the problem with the easy flight model either, all they have done is give make the easy flight model the same as the realistic one and disabled auto trim automatically, if you turn auto trim back on the aircraft still violently pitch down coming out of warp.

This has left me feeling a little cheated and I am now spinning/losing altitude very easily in turns, after all there is a reason people use the easy flight model - in fact I don't remember spinning using the easy flight model before patch 1.30b came out.

This might be related to the problem that you are having with the spinning and breaking up (not tried the alb or either triplane with the new patch yet).

So if anyone is using the easy flight model give yourself a boost in the skill level and switch to realistic in the workshops.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

Edited by Rugbyfan1972

Rugbyfan,

you may know it since long; but in case, you don't:

Trimming your plane nose higher or lower, can be adjusted via two keys (see "controls").

If you put those on two keys like "up arrow" and "down arrow", and count and remember,

how many ticks your plane needs to balance it, you can do it at the start, and everything

should be fine then.

Hello,

i have the fm switched to hard all the time, now i did fly the Pfalz D.IIIa for the first time, against a SPAD.

I had two sudden stalls without any sign of "wobbling" first by the FF joystick, and the second stall killed my pilot.

The spinning following the stalls looks very strange though, the plane turns heftily in every direction, with violent and unbelievable jerks, sometimes it even jumps upwards, until finally hitting the ground sooner or later. :blink:

There is no chance to recover from this kind of "spinning" - don't know if it has anything to do with the 1.3 patch because i di not fly the Pfalz before ...

The Dr.I, well i only tried that once (patch 1.28?), but i was able to perform some kind of flat half spin, e.g. bank slightly to the rigth, and apply almost full left rudder - that way you will be flying sideways for a short time. Flying almost backwards in tightening the turn like shown in one of the history channel videos does not work though, but i wonder the later Dr.I would have been able to do that - maybe Voss's F1 prototype ?

Greetings,

Catfish

The spin is killing me with the 1.28 Patch.

Wels - there is an explanation for why the Dr.1 flat turn doesn't work in most flight sims.

Forgot, in which thread, but it was a newer one!

Wels - there is an explanation for why the Dr.1 flat turn doesn't work in most flight sims.

Forgot, in which thread, but it was a newer one!

Look for "Voss...and the skidding, flat turn". Now on Page #2 of this Forum.

Exactly - thanks, Hauksbee.

Easy FM was never tested, or designed to be used ever that's the problem. Those options were legacy CFS3 settings. We cannot make easy FM's without altering ALL the realistic FMs.. it would take many moons to make new FMs so that's not going to happen unfortunately. OFF is a realistic sim so that has to be our priority. Maybe something will come up but at the moment what we have is the only way.

Trimming out the craft is not the point, most craft did not have trim, especially in flight, that's part of the whole point of flying WW1 craft, they are very early aircraft with many inherent faults.

Turbulance in clouds cause you to spin oddly or violently without warning, even fly upwards etc Wels - avoid clouds. Also hitting other craft

Had a strange spin again, and this time, I had flown through a haze.

Could it be, that the turbulence thing is also working in a haze?

So, that we must even avoid to fly through those?

PS: Oh, by the way - this time I could catch her up, when we fell out of the haze.

Edited by Olham

Hello Pol,

" ... Turbulance in clouds cause you to spin oddly or violently without warning, even fly upwards etc Wels - avoid clouds. Also hitting other craft ... "

Yes, i know that - however with the Pfalz i just overdid the turn, so it stalled and began spinning in this strange way. I was not in acloud, was not hit by AA guns, nor did i ram another plane. This jerking around happened after a stall and i have not seen this before.

Greetings,

Catfish

Pflaz was changed to correct AI low alt issues, so it will behave differently in some situations.