• Announcements

• Erik

26 September - Maintenance Notification   09/21/2024

CombatACE.com will be offline this upcoming Thursday morning, September 26, 2024. The duration of this event will be 4-5 hours. Our website will be unavailable and return an error during that time. Maintenance of our equipment is unavoidable, and this downtime will allow the opportunity to replace worn and damaged fans, power supply units, and thermal paste throughout all our equipment. Thank you for reading our maintenance advisory.
Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

pd's mission pac

PD, if you get a chance, can you check missions 3 4 5 and 6 from you mission pac. We seem to get kicked back to the desktop when trying to run them.

I downloaded the updated zip file, not the old one.

I'm Having the same problem except it say's that the missions cannot be loaded... :dntknw:

ww1

Hi,

yeah,,if i run the mission 10 times,,ill get kicked to the desktip 8 of them,,and get the mission failed to load twice. Im sure once pd gets around to it,,he will fix them..

in the meantime,,,get the ballon buster one,,its great

I couldn't run missions 3,4,5,6 because I don't have the Zeppelin. Where do I get that these days ? Missions 1 & 2 worked fine although the Tripe's FM in mission 1 was really weird. I think the ammo loadout was only 291 or something like that ! So perhaps it's not balanced correctly ?

hmmm,,,,maybe thats why we cant play it,,,,,,i dont have the zepplin on the computer i host with either...but if you pm me your email..i can send you the zepplin

its the port sub base in mission 3. not sure if that facility is available for downloading

Edited by sitting_duck

Hopefully PD will chime in ..... besides the Zep (in my case) it could also be other things like facilities or something ? I think there's a cfs3 site that hold all this stuff ? See what PD comes back with.

the rest of them ran ok once i put the zepplin back into my folder.

this is a link to the zeppelin

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/?lloc=download...ry=GER#download

2nd one down "unnoficial etc etc "

Thanks SD ! Have you tried the Gotha at that site ? Is it suitable for P3 ? I used an "unofficial" Gotha in P2 which I think I got from a site called Reg's Hangar which was affiliated with the cfs3 boys ..... I think ?

Have you tried the Gotha at that site ? Is it suitable for P3 ?

Er sorry ..... it's a jet Gotha .... not the one I was thinking of at all ... :blush:

You know I don't think PD is aware of this general help sub forum being new to CA. I'll link it into a post on his thread in the main forum.

You know I don't think PD is aware of this general help sub forum being new to CA. I'll link it into a post on his thread in the main forum.

lol..yes,,,i have the gotta from that site, (soh) and will assume it works (havnt run across a mission that uses it yet in p3), will try and find the link for it

hmm,,,maybe i dint get it from soh, cause cant seem to find it there,,,did find one here

http://www.regshanger.com/Regs%20hanger%20...otha%20MAIN.htm

this is the sq gotha,,,,cant seem to find a link to the ai one,,,will keep looking thou

Edited by sitting_duck

....so, how does one access missions? The only way I can get the new missions to show up is to copy them into the training folder? :dntknw: stupid noob :haha:

ok,,,hope this is not wrong info

you can copy the xml file to either the historical or whatif folder also, and they should show up

assuming you are starting from the offmanager, and hitting missions at the bottom, at the next screen at the bottom drop down select turkey shoot,,,doesnt matter which one. Nexy window has 2 medals,...select missions medal, then you get a fly out,,,,on the right of the flyout you see campains, hmmm,,something else,,lol,,,and traingin,,,im pretty sure the campaigs one shows whats in historical, and the middle one shows whats is "what if"...bottome is training,,

if your not seeing whats in the folders,,,you may be moving FOLDERS into yoru historical and what if folders, instead of just the mission xml file

You are correct. I am starting from OFFManager, and hitting missions at the bottom, but can only see the missions if I copy the xml files into the training folder. The missions do not show up if I copy them into the historical or whatif folders..I must be doing something wrong :dntknw: ....

no,,it doesnt appear that you are doing anything wrong,,,,

xml files in historical should show up in campaign tab, xml files in what if should show up in quick combat tab.

but just to be sure,,,here are my historical and what if folders. I added a folder to the "what if" folder, and called it test. if you have your xml files in a folder within the missions folder, they will not show up.....dont think you did this,,,,but just dbl checking

sorry, i was going thru that way too fast, and was doing things from habit, and thinking i was doing something else

from the workshop select multiplayer,,,,,,select turkey shoot or whatever from the mission drop down in the next window, and then you will get the screen with 2 medal,,,multiplayer, and missions...the missions medal gives you the 3 tabs...campaing,,,,quick compat,,,and training,,,,you should be able to access the whatif and historica missions from here...

hope that squares it away for you

Thanks for the Gotha file SD.

Interesting topic on where to actually put mission mods. Like Steve, I put mine in "training" and they then appear in the drop down in the "missions tab. If I put them in "whatif" I can only access them via the "multiplayer" tab (but trackir didn't work there for some odd reason so that was a no-no for me). I don't MP anyway.

well,,,from the off manager, and then the mission option, i think you used to be able to select the last option in the drop down, as pictured..

post-45808-1240193938_thumb.jpg

and then the next screen would only give you the missions medal, as pictured ( i had to get this screen shot by getting into the game thru the cfs3.exe, not the off manager)

post-45808-1240195676_thumb.jpg

and when you clicked on the mission medal you would have the 3 fly outs,,,campaign, quick combat, and training......

post-45808-1240195777_thumb.jpg

but when i try to do that now,,,it just hangs on the window where the mission medal would show...all i get is an hour glass. Ive tried it on 2 computers,,the one at work,,and the one at home.

and as far as track ir not working in mp, that usually indicates you dont have the latest build.....

Edited by sitting_duck

Thanks Sitting_Duck. I can see/find them by following your directions.

It locks up on mine too. I can get it to run by doing an alt-tab or two and/or some Esc keys. Strange.

Very convoluted path to get to the missions! Must be something left over from CFS3. I think I'll just leave them in the Training folder. :blink: Thanks again!

but when i try to do that now,,,it just hangs on the window where the mission medal would show...all i get is an hour glass. Ive tried it on 2 computers,,the one at work,,and the one at home.

and as far as track ir not working in mp, that usually indicates you dont have the latest build.....

Yes it looks like it's changed since P2 SD. I tried that last week when fiddling around and got the hang too. Which is why I put the missions into "training" for easy access.

The trackir thing is a little weird ? It worked fine in all menu's except when attempting to play missions (which I had in the "whatif" folder at the time) from the multiplayer tab .... so no big deal for me as I have them in "training" now and trackir works fine there.

Yes it looks like it's changed since P2 SD. I tried that last week when fiddling around and got the hang too. Which is why I put the missions into "training" for easy access.

The trackir thing is a little weird ? It worked fine in all menu's except when attempting to play missions (which I had in the "whatif" folder at the time) from the multiplayer tab .... so no big deal for me as I have them in "training" now and trackir works fine there.

Everyone who has ever had trackir iworking in everything except multiplayer that i have encountered has not had the lastes build. So, unless you never plan to play it in mp , i would venture over to the site and see if you need to upgrade.

latest driver is 4.1.036 for trackir...not sure if there are different drivers for the clip one

LOL thanks mate. Are you trying to tempt me to into the delights of online OFFing you sly old thing ? I keep saying "one day" and "one day" I'll surprise all of you ..... perhaps :wink: