Sign in to follow this  
Jacques-Charles

OFF P3 / between heaven and paradise!

Hello,

I found a corner of paradise where you can not find the enemy. In fact I "am" a fighter pilot into a campaign in the squadron (n3 operational / elite rating) at Breuil-le-sec (home field) in the Marne (region of ops) in France.

I have 45 hours flight between 17/01/1916 and 25/02/1916, or 37 missions and I have not encountered any enemy aircraft, a paradise in a word.

In my activity, I have a few balloons for observation and I notice that the engine of my Nieuport 11 stops during the flight (after a deviation) without it being disturbed in his flight, a paradise, I had already said!

Would it be possible to have an explanation, an patch ?

Thank you in advance for this request. :tumbleweed:

Sincerely,

Me too, I guess...

One of my pilots flies with 3-RFC out of Chocques in Flanders. I signed up Jan 1, 1915. I'm listed as a Bomber pilot, although I signed up as a fighter pilot; we're flying Bristol Scouts, and all our missions have been recon..

It's been about ten days now, and I have reached the 17 hour mark without having seen a single enemy plane. I was assuming that was because it's a quiet area, early 1915, and the air activity was set at "light". -But seeing your post, maybe that's not the case. I changed the setting to "medium" and didn't see any change on the next mission, so I'll bump it up heavy. Whatever - I have several other pilots running who have more activity than they can handle. In the meantime, while I haven't seen any enemy in ten days -someone* is killing off my squadron mates. A little over half the originals are gone already. And I've been promoted all the way up from Sargeant to Captain. I think the brass skipped "Lieutenant". So all in all, my boy is having a lovely war....

Hi Jacques-Charles, choose a later date, or another squadron. Maybe you found a quiet area.

Turn on labels and awareness radar too maybe you missed some.

Hi Jacques-Charles, choose a later date, or another squadron. Maybe you found a quiet area.

Turn on labels and awareness radar too maybe you missed some.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, I will put it to good use. However on the historical plan it is likely impossible. :grandpa:

Good day

Not every single aircraft and squad is in there yet, so of course some places that should be flying a certain craft, will not be. There are 100's of craft needed to cover every place, time, squad to cover the entire western front for WW1.

Not every single aircraft and squad is in there yet, so of course some places that should be flying a certain craft, will not be. There are 100's of craft needed to cover every place, time, squad to cover the entire western front for WW1.

Hello,

This was not a criticism but merely a comment on a simulation that much fun.

Thank you to the entire creative team and maintenance. :clapping:

No problem Jacques-Charles I was just explaining why you see what you see :)

Thanks for the comments!

Enlist a year or so later (or more) and you should have a lot more action. The planes in OFF do cover a good deal of time in WW1, but the bulk are going to appear later in 1916 and in 1917. By 1918, you should encounter enemy aircraft on most missions (e.g., 94th Aero in fall 1918).