Sign in to follow this  
Waldemar Kurtz

early war suggestions for Phase 4

I was just thinking about the fact that this was more or less a German copy of the Nieuport 11. apart from the rudder, adding a spinner, and being armed with a Spandau rather than a Lewis gun--it's pretty much a dead-to-rights rip-off of the Nieuport 11. the down-side, of course, is that this was only used in piece-meal numbers by a number of Jastas and KEKs-- but it'd be kinda cool if you could see Otto Parschau or Gustav Leffers in their captured "Nieuports"

another consideration is that the Morane Parasol was copied by Pfalz in the from of the A.1-- so that on advantage/disadvantage of including the Parasol in the next batch of aircraft is that it actually served (in one form or another) in every major airforce in the early stages of the war. I'd forgotten all about the Pfalz copy--which was actually built under license from the French!

I'd still love to see the Voisin(s) , but now that I remember just how prominent the Parasol and it's various copies were, it'd be nice to include in the game--and it would finally give the Fokker Eindecker pilots something to feel good about. ;)

It'd be pretty neat if some sort of Eastern Front was worked in. Lots of early / fragile looking planes there.

This copy of the Nieuport 11?

http://www.earlyaviator.com/archive/1m/ima...II.1916.D.I.jpg

-Rooster

actually, I meant THIS one...

http://www.earlyaviator.com/archive/1m/ima...Wdi.3506.16.jpg

however, they all look similar enough that you could arguably use the same model for...

A. captured French and British Nieuport 11s in German service

B. the Siemens Schuckhert D.I

C. the Euler D.I

but, yeah the Euler model looks much closer to the actual Nieuport design then the Siemens-- but it's HARD to remember the subtle differences between various copies of the Nieuport!

I didn't think of the Euler because it seems to have ONLY been used for training purposes--whereas the SS D.I at least saw a small amount of combat.

this is all rather beside the point if CFS3 doesn't allow for formations of mixed aircraft! then it's not worth the trouble of using the SS D.I or any other German D.I save the Albatros!

I've got an odd idea for Phase 4, though it's not really a progression so much as a whole new direction.

With the well developed excellence behind the scenery building, ambience, and features, I reckon one possible new direction might be something along the lines of Jeff Waines War of the Worlds.

You have appropriate 19th C (ish) ground units already, battle simulations, the scenery can even go 'red', and I'm sure somebody could come up with a serviceable fighting machine, heat ray and all....

If anybody else already has the War of the Worlds game, you'll know it could do with a good makeover.

Downside is the Martians were undefeatable, (though the Thunderchild nailed one). Not good odds if you're a humble artilleryman.

I need to read the book again, - I'm not even 100% sure the Thunderchild was in the book. Been years since I read it. I do know WW1 fighter aircraft weren't in the book, but there is potential for some epic struggles. Maybe mankind could have made a better fight of it if only he'd had aircraft.

Just another idea for the pot.... One with a twist.

I've got an odd idea for Phase 4, though it's not really a progression so much as a whole new direction.

With the well developed excellence behind the scenery building, ambience, and features, I reckon one possible new direction might be something along the lines of Jeff Waines War of the Worlds.

You have appropriate 19th C (ish) ground units already, battle simulations, the scenery can even go 'red', and I'm sure somebody could come up with a serviceable fighting machine, heat ray and all....

If anybody else already has the War of the Worlds game, you'll know it could do with a good makeover.

Downside is the Martians were undefeatable, (though the Thunderchild nailed one). Not good odds if you're a humble artilleryman.

I need to read the book again, - I'm not even 100% sure the Thunderchild was in the book. Been years since I read it. I do know WW1 fighter aircraft weren't in the book, but there is potential for some epic struggles. Maybe mankind could have made a better fight of it if only he'd had aircraft.

I got that WOW years ago but never really played it. I can tell you that aircraft weren't able to make a difference in the 1938 radio version. It was still bacteria. Also, I can't tell you about the book, but the musical version with Richard Burton did figure the Thunder Child. Still have the vinyl album.

Give me a Snipe... A Zeppelin...and a Twin Machine gun setup with Incendiaries...And I will send the Kaiser home with his big fat hairy arse on fire!!!

Give me a Snipe... A Zeppelin...and a Twin Machine gun setup with Incendiaries...And I will send the Kaiser home with his big fat hairy arse on fire!!!

That metallic sound you hear is Olham checking the action on his Spandaus.

That metallic sound you hear is Olham checking the action on his Spandaus.

Bring it on! :biggrin:

There's nowt the Hun's could throw at my Snipe!

Epic struggles??? It would be a one-sided slaughter! This is not even a different direction, this is a completely different game.

Epic struggles??? It would be a one-sided slaughter! This is not even a different direction, this is a completely different game.

Well regardless of whether one would play it or not, it'd certainly be a bold move for OFF4!!! :biggrin:

Edited by Test Pilot

actually, I meant THIS one...

http://www.earlyaviator.com/archive/1m/ima...Wdi.3506.16.jpg

however, they all look similar enough that you could arguably use the same model for...

A. captured French and British Nieuport 11s in German service

B. the Siemens Schuckhert D.I

C. the Euler D.I

but, yeah the Euler model looks much closer to the actual Nieuport design then the Siemens-- but it's HARD to remember the subtle differences between various copies of the Nieuport!

I didn't think of the Euler because it seems to have ONLY been used for training purposes--whereas the SS D.I at least saw a small amount of combat.

this is all rather beside the point if CFS3 doesn't allow for formations of mixed aircraft! then it's not worth the trouble of using the SS D.I or any other German D.I save the Albatros!

Sorry Waldemar, I just took a stab at it beacuse you didn't mention exactly which plane. :biggrin: If the devs do decide to make more planes, it doesnt matter to me which ones they do. Of course I have my favorites that I'd like to see, but I'd gratefully take what they offer. And now I'm even more appreciative of what they've done. I tried making a model with Gmax. :blink: . I got something that almost looked like a fuselage. Took about 2 hours too. Then I got really frustrated and said, "****- this! This is waaaay too hard for me!" The things those guys can do...... :clapping:

-Rooster

Sorry Waldemar, I just took a stab at it beacuse you didn't mention exactly which plane. :biggrin: If the devs do decide to make more planes, it doesnt matter to me which ones they do. Of course I have my favorites that I'd like to see, but I'd gratefully take what they offer. And now I'm even more appreciative of what they've done. I tried making a model with Gmax. :blink: . I got something that almost looked like a fuselage. Took about 2 hours too. Then I got really frustrated and said, "****- this! This is waaaay too hard for me!" The things those guys can do...... :clapping:

-Rooster

heh, and the REALLY scary thing is... that the outside of the plane is probably the easiest thing to get done. getting a three-dimensional slewable cockpit is probably even MORE difficult! I mean how many thousands of CFS1 and 2 add-on planes have we seen where they didn't even TRY to make a cockpit!