Sign in to follow this  
FLOGGER23

Can the handling level on a plane to be changed?

Ok guys, let's suppose we have an X plane (not literally talking LOL) and it has been designed to be played in HARD mode, can somebody, somehow, tweak an specific .ini file for the plane to be used in NORMAL mode, or the planes are designed to be in an specific mode, i'm asking this because i read somewhere else here in the forum that a plane was to be used as normal only (don't know if it was like this); can someone explain me and take me out of the darness!!!

Basically, normal doesn't take into account certain things that hard mode does.

What those things are, I'm not sure. I know at least one thing is the position of the pivot points for meshes called out by the data.ini. In HARD mode, those pivot points define where the center of mass is for the particular mesh called out. I found this out the hard way while debugging the F-107.

FC

Basically, normal doesn't take into account certain things that hard mode does.

What those things are, I'm not sure. I know at least one thing is the position of the pivot points for meshes called out by the data.ini. In HARD mode, those pivot points define where the center of mass is for the particular mesh called out. I found this out the hard way while debugging the F-107.

FC

So, this means that a plane configured to be used in hard mode cannot be used in normal? i'm i wrong?

So, this means that a plane configured to be used in hard mode cannot be used in normal? i'm i wrong?

Not necessarily, but a plane whose flight model was designed and tested under hard mode will probably not perform exactly right under any other mode.

I think that modes are downward compatible. So if plane is made for hard mode, you can

use it in normal mode but dont expect all features it has in hard mode.

I never found plane that was flyable in hard and has problems on normal.

If modder choose the easy way and makes plane for normal mode it usualy cannot

be used on hard.

Monty

As an example I found one plane that has small probs in normal mode.. the new 29 flys like hell in hard mode, but when you try to fly in normal mode the planes nose starts to flutter when you make a hard turn. but that`s all I know.

i'm pretty sure that Props and Hard Mode don't match with the last patch....that why wrench says to don't up to date your game if you want a WW2 install.