Sign in to follow this  
WarlordATF

Nieuport Tactics

This is driving me crazy, Its seems like the Nieuports (Mainly the N 17) are the most fragile aircraft in the game. one or two hits and the wing is gone and i'm tumbling outta the sky. I keep getting suicide missions to attack Gothas and my flight can't get anywhere near them. I've tried everything i can think of, getting high and making a fast diving pass is the only tactic that has kept me alive so far, but i can't seem to put enough rounds into the bomber to even slow them down.

How do you guys handle this situation and does the Nieuport seem a little too fragile to anyone else?

This is driving me crazy, Its seems like the Nieuports (Mainly the N 17) are the most fragile aircraft in the game. one or two hits and the wing is gone and i'm tumbling outta the sky. I keep getting suicide missions to attack Gothas and my flight can't get anywhere near them. I've tried everything i can think of, getting high and making a fast diving pass is the only tactic that has kept me alive so far, but i can't seem to put enough rounds into the bomber to even slow them down.

How do you guys handle this situation and does the Nieuport seem a little too fragile to anyone else?

I've been meaing to have a look at the Nieuports as thay do seem pretty flimsy.

I can't open the RAR that they come in at work, but in the _data.ini file what are the following values?

[AircraftData]

DefaultArmorType=WOOD

DefaultArmorThickness=25

[LeftWing] (or any wing section)

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

DamageRating=DESTROYED

If your data.ini says DamageRating=Destroyed on the various parts of the plane then use the Replace function in notepad to change them all to DamageRating=Disabled

This should help to make it more sturdy when it comes to gunfire.

If your data.ini says DamageRating=Destroyed on the various parts of the plane then use the Replace function in notepad to change them all to DamageRating=Disabled

This should help to make it more sturdy when it comes to gunfire.

will try that, thanks.

Also the Data.ini i have has...

[AircraftData]

DefaultArmorType=WOOD

DefaultArmorThickness=28

[TopWingLeft]

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

DamageRating=DESTROYED

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing the same fragility with the Nieuports, I thought it was my feeble piloting skills. The only remedy I considered for not being shot down was to shoot myself in the foot and get hospital confinement... or defect and become a Gotha pilot. Also, although it could be my computer which was I think built just before the Nieuport came into service, I find the 'Bebe' to be a bit unresponsive and sluggish, as opposed to it's reputation for being a 'sporty' aircraft.

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing the same fragility with the Nieuports, I thought it was my feeble piloting skills. The only remedy I considered for not being shot down was to shoot myself in the foot and get hospital confinement... or defect and become a Gotha pilot. Also, although it could be my computer which was I think built just before the Nieuport came into service, I find the 'Bebe' to be a bit unresponsive and sluggish, as opposed to it's reputation for being a 'sporty' aircraft.

UUMMmmm that should be a problem of FLIGHT MODEL. Use latest peter01 FM and Nieuport will become the best sky dancer ever.

Also in my opinion nieuport are among the best planes to fly and hunt, their awesome agility and good armament are very good (at least for my style of playing).

I prefer the N17 with 2 guns one lewis one vickers, and there is no fighter that gives me fear when in it. The small weight of the N17 makes the 2 guns recoil amazingly big though so only shoot at close range. Also the deault cockpit has not enough visibility for me so i twicked the angles and view position to aim better.

Nieuport are very good because they appear very soon in war, they are early planes, which makes that you never face better planes when the appear.

Attacking gotha with a nieuport is something i would never do though, it's totally useless you would be killed anyways. Just attack bombers from under (when they are not defended from under) and other fighters, nothing else. It's a fragile aircraft and TK gunners are snipers so you get killed in seconds.

Edited by nixarass