Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Cool. We have moving clouds now

They were static before, weren't they? I was testing in the inclement weather conditions, and set sim rate 16X times. Clouds now move with wind, at slightly variable speed. Is it me or this is a feature of Oct08 patch, or was I blind before?

The only thing I miss is layered fog in the morning now. I tried modding Lexx's ingenious Cirrus mod, but some render anomalies occure with terrain mesh.

Anyway another great small feature from TK :good:

Puff clouds always moved since TK slipped them into the sim a few years back. You are not blind, you just gotta go with the wind sometimes. :biggrin:

Any screenshot of cirrus vs terrain clash?

I just saw something for the FIRST TIME --- AI afterburning dash following waypoint, 800km/hr. And this is 2006 SF. Something in Veltro/C5 F-102 engine data allows this. I noticed you get afterburner at 65% throttle. I'll have to figure this out, as its really nice feature to have for, say, AI piloted B-58s or Vigilantes for example.

Look ma....

gallery_6973_124_7951.jpg

That's easy, it's right in the Engine section of the data.ini. Heck, is that all that was keeping you from getting AB cruise?

FC

Never noticed simulated winds, sometimes the bombs were a bit off target and the planes were "moved" on the runway but I thought it was a ini misstake :-P good to know we have wind in this game...

Winds can be tricky. They can be defined both in Enviro and Mission files, depending on how you use your sim. Like, if you do single missions, you need the Mission file to have the wind data. uh, I think. Been awhile ror.

FC::

That's easy, it's right in the Engine section of the data.ini. Heck, is that all that was keeping you from getting AB cruise?

I tried it on other planes but it may have something else related going on. For example the AI Data or something else combining together in the engine section. When I get time, I'll figure it out. Not worried about it anymore. I KNOW its possible just from that screenshot. Thanks to VeltroF102 and C5.