Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

OT …. .- .--. .--. -.-- -… .. .-. - …. -.. .- -.-- … .- -- ..- . .-.. -- --- .-. ... .

Happy Birthday Samuel Morse! I intercepted your cryptic creation for four years as a ditty bopper for Uncle Sam.

S.N. Larson

United States Air Force Security Service

1974-1978 (active)

Area of Operations: Here, There, and Everywhere

"Freedom Through Vigilance!"

Cheers!

Lou

Thank you sam for morse code buddy. And happy birth day. I would attempt to learn morse code but eh. Last time it didnt go down so well lol. Managed to get out SOS and that was about it.

Hmm, apparently somebody at Google is also into this. You know how the world "Google" on the main page is spelled out in different ways depending on what's on the calendar? Well, today it's spelled in Morse code. I was wondering why before I came here ;)

Hey Lou,

I’m sure if you’re aware or not that the Security Service became the Electronic Security Command around 1980, of which I served in. I was in the 6952 ESS from ’83 to ’86 in England working on the TR1a (or as it was re-designated later the U2r).

Jammer

Hey Jammer,

Yes Sir, I was aware of that. So on the U2r's, were you ground support or did you fly them? I spent some time working on the occasional joint support mission with the Det 4 SR-71's out of "The Hall". I was parked for a spell at the 6950th up at "The Sands", and I also took the odd ride now and then in the RC-135's, (and an EC-135 as well as I recall). Still have most of the badges I got to wear when we pulled temporary duty assignments for the various exercises. Europe was great, the tours were very interesting, and the beer was the best!

Good times...good times. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

I was ground support. Worked on the SIGINT systems. I got out of the AF in ’89 and went to Offutt as a civilian working on the RC-135. With that I went to Saudi for Desert Shield. Sometimes I miss working on and being around airplanes.

:flyer:

Jammer

Hmm, apparently somebody at Google is also into this. You know how the world "Google" on the main page is spelled out in different ways depending on what's on the calendar? Well, today it's spelled in Morse code. I was wondering why before I came here ;)

Hey, FWIW you can 'hover' with the mouse pointer over Google's logo and a yellow 'balloon' dialog box will pop up and tell you what the day's special graphics mean.

HTH :yes:

My dad was a "spark" - he was a wireless operator at Norddeich-Radio, when it still existed.

They were the contact for all German but also other ships, to their homes, to their shipping

companies, to the sailors' wifes (especially over Christmas they made telephone contacts -

could be heard in every radio, and was often very touching); to medical helicopter service

and the sea rescue service; and more.

My dad died in 1991.

In our days, all this is done via satelite - the old radio station lies deserted; most of the metal

masts have been destructed; the buildings are now home for a call center.

It was another time, so far away it seems - almost in black-and-white; you know what I mean?

And all I ever learned about morse code is . . . _ _ _ . . .

I was a sig in the Australian army in the Pacific theatre.Carted around a backpack set tat was out of comms as soon as we went over the first hill and stayed out for the full three days or so we were out.Bloody wireless! Nowadays a mobile phone would handle the entire comms for the platon.Ah well.

FWIW you can 'hover' with the mouse pointer over Google's logo and a yellow 'balloon' dialog box will pop up and tell you what the day's special graphics mean.

Thanks for the tip. Never knew that. Most times, the logo's design is pretty self-evident, so I'd never had occasion to be curious, let alone know of this feature ;)

I was TA for the Army Security Agency from 70 through 79, and yes I do know it became the Intelligence and Security Command in 78 or so.

Beard