Sign in to follow this  
Tailspin

Crashed plane effects question....

Had to build a new puter so I'm catching up late on some recent mods like Laton's new engine damage effects, which are fabulous, BTW. :good: Anyway the extended smoke trails bring to mind a question about plane crash effects. Is there a way to extend/increase the duration and intensity of the smoke effect rising from a crash site? IMO it would be an nice effect to still see some burning wreckage or at least a smokin' hole in the ground where A/C have crashed after the battle. :biggrin:

I agree w you 100% on that Tailspin. Thats a needed effect. It would also be cool if the plane's pieces would remain on the ground w the smoke after impact. The planes fall apart in the air why not also hitting the ground? That being said ( not to venture to far from the main topic at hand) is there a way to keep the plane from exploding on the ground when the wing tips hit the ground. Ex: when taxiing and turning a little sharp or even landing a little too hard and the wing tips just touch the ground the planes explode. How do you change this? Sorry this probably should have been on a different thread. :blush: But yeah longer smoke time for sure! :good:

I'd be happy with just a smoke emitter at the crash site that you can see from the air. A crater is a good idea. :yes: EAW had similar effects. On the return trip you could see several plumes of smoke scattered over the countryside.