Sign in to follow this  
Growler67

Skins Visible?

I know from my Mechwarrior experience that all of the effort into custom skins was only visible from the users point of view. Are these skins for LOMAC going to have the same result? For instance, in an MP game will my adversaries see the skin I'm wearing or what? I have no reference to IL2's extensive skinning, because I never flew it. Just a question from someone who is interested in finding out what can and cannot be seen.

So far they will not be able to see the custom skins unless thay have your skins dl'ed and installed.

There has been some speculation of wether it was possible to also use this as a cheat in MP. You could paint all the enemy skins pink or even use the skin of a carrier for the enemy plane. I don't think there is any file chekking done atm when you hook up to a MP session but it could probably be done. I guess it all comes down to: Play with people you trust.

I was mostly curious in the aspect of Squadron colors/emblems. If one squadron challenges another in MP for instance, will our tail-flash or whatever be visible? It's nothing overly elaborate at the moment, but one squadmate did some preliminaries posted in the 'Taipans TFW' post here.

I don't think they would be able to see it unless you sent them the skin file as well.