Sign in to follow this  
snapper 21

Voodoo Tanks in WOV2

Okay I wanted to try and use the new feature where you put the tank skin in the aircraft skin folder, so you get the tank for the right skin. Am trying to do this on the brilliant RF-101C.

Now the plane comes with three skins, and each drop tank has its own lod ie F101_450Tank_Green.LOD. metal and grey etc. So I created a generic tank called Tank450_F101. I know this works because the plane loads everytime with drop tanks. The thing I cant get it to do is look for the tank skin in the aircraft skin folder.

The other thing I was going to do was, as the Green.Lod when I open it in notepad has the line F101_450Tank_Green.BMP at the bottom I was going to copy the metal and grey tank skins to there respective skin folders and rename them Green. Thinking that the Lod looks for that bmp name, is that right?

Anyway have included the weapon data and aircraft data, if anybody can see where I am going wrong.

Cheers

Snapper 21

[WeaponData001]

TypeName=Tank450_F101

FullName=450 US Gals

ModelName=F101_450Tank_Green

Mass=1450.000000

Diameter=0.820000

Length=5.000000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.200000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.770000

AttachmentType=

SpecificStationCode=

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=5

MaxFuelAmount=1345.000000

Asymmetrical=FALSE

[Fuselage]

ModelNodeName=fusoliera

SystemName[013]=CenterStation1

SystemName[014]=LeftCentreStation1Wet

SystemName[015]=RightCentreStation1Wet

[LeftCentreStation1Wet]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=2

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-0.88,0.68,-0.715

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,15.0

LoadLimit=1600.00

LengthLimit=5.2

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=NATO,USAF

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=60

PylonDragArea=0.001

FuelTankName=Tank450_F101

FuelTankNodeName=droptank_centerline

[RightCentreStation1Wet]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=3

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.88,0.68,-0.715

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,-15.0

LoadLimit=1600.00

LengthLimit=5.2

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=NATO,USAF

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=60

PylonDragArea=0.001

FuelTankName=Tank450_F101

FuelTankNodeName=droptank_centerline

Well I tried, but just can't get this to work, so if anybody does have colur matched Voodoo tanks could the post there data files.

Cheers

Snapper21

Are tanks part of the plane model on Voodoo? IIRC, that's the way TK did that skin change on new stock planes.

Are tanks part of the plane model on Voodoo? IIRC, that's the way TK did that skin change on new stock planes.

No don't think they are, didn't know they had to be part of the plane. Oh well plan B, create early and late versions of the Voodoo. Thanks for the reply Gr.Viper :good:

Just a "Node" has to be created for this Feature to work. The "Wet Pylon" Entries must have a "Tank Node" in order for it to work. Hopefully, Model Makers will update their eariler Models and add this Feature or Works in progress. If it doesn't have a "Node" called out, The Game Engine reverts to Default in regards to Drop Tanks.

Edited by 331Killerbee

Just a "Node" has to be created for this Feature to work. The "Wet Pylon" Entries must have a "Tank Node" in order for it to work. Hopefully, Model Makers will update their eariler Models and add this Feature or Works in progress. If it doesn't have a "Node" called out, The Game Engine reverts to Default in regards to Drop Tanks.

Well hopefully the Modders will one day have the time and energy to go back and add these features. Till then I will just make early and late models. Thanks for all your replys. I realised when I bought WOV2 that there would be a bit of fiddling around, am trying to work out as much as possible myself. I just hope my questions are not to stupid. :blink:

Cheers

Snapper 21