Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barnstorm

Claims after "Lone Wolf" mission

Guest Barnstorm

On a recent Lone Wolf mission, I destroyed two observation balloons. When I returned to the airfield, and ended the mission, I was not given the opportunity to file a claim report(?). Is this normal? I had not downed any Spotters during Lone Wolf missions before, and did not know what to expect. I have the 'Outcome' set to 'Normal' for Claims.

As much as I like the current claim system (in fact, it was one of the main selling points for OFF3 for me - an interactive approach), claims seem far too dependent upon wingmen. If I remember correctly, American pilots and French as well needed confirmation from ground units not fellow aviators (at least this what Rickenbacker implied in his book).Perhaps the location of the kill should impact the likelihood of successful claim such as where above the lines the battle occurred at least when there are no wingmen around to corroborate the kill claim. The devs though in all likelihood have considered this already and for whatever reason havent implemented it...

you cannot claim balloons except on balloon destroy missions, one of the limitations of the game as balloons are considered ground targets and are only claimable under the right circumstances

The 'Lone Wolfer' is basically a waste of time.

If you score a kill over OUR lines, maybe the infantry saw it, over THEIR lines forget it

If want to just build your hours, or not .. .. .. take off fly 5 minutes TEST your guns, and go home . . .LAND . . . NEXT

Where is the honor in that?!?! :biggrin:

as chrispdm1 says unless the balloon is your mission target it is a ground kill, and auto assigned as such usually.

Guest Barnstorm

OK, thanks for info guys. I'll know better for next time not to risk life and limb for hours accumulated, accented by a few seconds of pretty special effects. :shok: